How to set up winavr for stk500

  • Erika You are a loser
    Message 1 of 5 , May 24, 2007
      Hi,
      I am Vivek and I need help in order to set up winavr for stk500...I would be very grateful if you can help me with it.
      Regards
      Vivek

      Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
    • Ever Cifuentes
      Message 2 of 5 , May 25, 2007
         hi
         you need to check the FUSE BITS. The micro is running on 1 Mhz by default !
        and clock sources
        Best regards,

        Ever

        sri_apr24 <winspace@...> escribió:
        hi all
        i'm new to atmega16 and i need urgent help for uart transmit & receive.
        ahy timely hand?
        regards

        LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
        http://es.voice.yahoo.com

      • gautam sharma
        Message 3 of 5 , May 26, 2007
            connect the serial port of STK 500 to the 'RS232' (port of STK 500) .
           then ..open the AVR studio & click on the "con" written below  the "help"...after tht u go thru as per ur requirement....

          it will better that u 1st go thru the user mannual.........

          Erika You are a loser <harnet_2k@...> wrote:
          Hi,
          I am Vivek and I need help in order to set up winavr for stk500...I would be very grateful if you can help me with it.
          Regards
          Vivek

          Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

          Download prohibited? No problem! CHAT from any browser, without download.

        • Martin Jensen
          Message 4 of 5 , May 29, 2007
            Hello Vivek

            I think the easiest for you will be to download AVR Studio from Atmel's
            homepage.
            Then, when you're done with your code written in WinAVR, you open AVR
            Studio. In AVR Studio, you open the main_elf.aps (it will be called
            main_elf.aps if your main source code file is called main.c - otherwise I
            guess it will be called yourfilename_elf.aps).
            Once AVR Studio has opened the file, you can simulate your code in AVR
            Studio (which is an excellent way of simulating), or you can establish
            contact to your STK500 kit. You do that by clicking the little IC-icon with
            the text "Con" in it. When the dialog opens, you choose your platform to be
            STK500 and the port to be the COM-port the kit is sitting on. Then click
            connect. After that you see a new dialog, where you can program the
            processor in your kit, you can read and write fuses, lockbits and so on...
            Really easy. Just make sure you program the flash and not the EEPROM.
            This is the solution I use, and it works beautifully. Good luck.

            Martin

            >From: Erika You are a loser <harnet_2k@...>
            >To: booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [booksbybibin,www.booksbybibin.tk] How to set up winavr for stk500
            >Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 13:20:13 -0700 (PDT)
            >
            >Hi,
            >I am Vivek and I need help in order to set up winavr for stk500...I would
            >be very grateful if you can help me with it.
            >Regards
            >Vivek

            >Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
            >Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo!
            >Games.

            Ta' p� udsalg �ret rundt p� MSN Shopping: http://shopping.msn.dk - her
            finder du altid de bedste priser