having trouble with encoder and decoder part in our project,,,,plz help

  • anand_86c
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2007
      we are doing a project on wireless message communicator using
      ATMEGA8515....we were able to interface lcd and keypad....we are using
      Holtek encoder HT640 and 648L decoder along with tws434a transmitter
      and RWS434.....but first we thought we would give some data to the
      encoder manually and connecting led's at the decoder end to test
      whether encoding and decoding process is going fine...but we are not
      getting the output..we tried doing the same thing using the transmitter
      and receiver...but to no avail..so if anyone of u have worked with
      these things...plz guide
    • Ali Bin Tariq
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2007
        Hi

        Well below is the link from where you can get the test schematic of a transmitter and reciver, they are using RADIOTRONIX Rx and Tx, but i think the decoder and encoder section of your project and this chematic is same, must try this one.

        Regards,

        Ali Bin Tariq

        anand_86c <anand_86c@...> wrote:
        we are doing a project on wireless message communicator using
        ATMEGA8515.. ..we were able to interface lcd and keypad....we are using
        Holtek encoder HT640 and 648L decoder along with tws434a transmitter
        and RWS434.....but first we thought we would give some data to the
        encoder manually and connecting led's at the decoder end to test
        whether encoding and decoding process is going fine...but we are not
        getting the output..we tried doing the same thing using the transmitter
        and receiver...but to no avail..so if anyone of u have worked with
        these things...plz guide

      • gaurav bhadoria
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2007
          hii

          i am having trouble with servo motors...i hv got the pot removed so that the servo can run in full 360 degress..now i m nt able to understad how to run the motor..i.e. the contorl pulse..say if i want to rotate it fr 60 what kind of pulse nd if fr 90 then what?? is it a linear variation??

          Gaurav
          IIT Kharagpur

        • nipun
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2007
            ive worked wth ATmega16 and similar rf tx/rx pair for remote control
            purpose i used the ucs usart to send data in asynchronous mode and
            recieved the data also using same mode.just connect tx pin of uc to
            data pin of rf tx and connect rx pin of other uc to data pinof rf
            rx,now transmit data using usart of both ucs and display on lcd.my
            remotes working fine iuse it in competitons.