Re: plz help

  • ben_bobbins
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2007
      --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, "Manish Mandhan"
      <manishmandhan@...> wrote:

      > m an beginner with avr
      > i want to construct development board for atmega 8 and 32 ....
      > does anybody has its layout??
      >
      > is atmega8 erasable and reusable ??
      >
      > does anybody has tutorials for the same ??

      Hello

      1) Dont build ide ,buy one already built and tested there are many to
      chose from (stk500 is good and inexpensive )which means you can spend
      time learning to code asm/c/basic etc etc and not spend much time
      wondering why your ide/mcu wont work!!!!!.

      2) Yes you may re-program in seconds many thousand's of times.

      3) Depends on the language you chose to code in ? ,but the web is
      full of useful info.

      4) Join avrfreaks ,many projects for all platforms and many experts
      to assist with difficulty's.

      good luck
      ben
    • venkidoc
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2007
        Pardon me Ben!
        ...but ide is not buildable and STK500 etc., are NOT IDEs!
        STK500s equi ICSP will cost around 100INR bucks and are quite easy to
        build, even on a solderable Bread-board. STK500 is hard to come by locally
        and are expensive.
        Anyone can make a Dongle in under an hour and get it going perfectly!!!

        --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, "ben_bobbins" <ben_bobbins@...>