Re: [booksbybibin,www.booksbybibin.tk] ATmega16L usb

  • sainath sainath
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 29 8:39 PM
      Yes it is possible ,First search for USB to USART converter google it. Using hyperterminal or any other software send data to USB .Connect the USB to USART coverter to Atmega16l and write and USART routine in that .FT232 will be the converter used

      On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 4:27 PM, gaurav9995 <gaurav9995@...> wrote:

      hi everyone i need to reed data and send data to computer by usb port using atmega16l please help me.........
      i tried to find on net about it but nothing setisfactory, as atmega16l has usb isp i think it is possible to to do this...........
      please help.........

      --
      Sainath Nambiar
      Research Engineer
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 30 1:40 AM

        Atmega 16 does not have usb interface. By usb isp, it means that the usbisp circuit converts usb signals into SPI signals and this usbisp circuit is not inbuilt in atmega16/16L, instead, you have to make one. Follow this link for more info.
        http://www.fischl.de/thomas/elektronik/projekte/index.html

        hi everyone i need to reed data and send data to computer by usb port using atmega16l please help me.........
        i tried to find on net about it but nothing setisfactory, as atmega16l has usb isp i think it is possible to to do this...........
        please help.........

      • le_r0umain
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 30 10:33 PM
          --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, "gaurav9995" <gaurav9995@...> wrote:

          > hi everyone i need to reed data and send data to computer by usb port using atmega16l please help me.........
          > i tried to find on net about it but nothing setisfactory, as atmega16l has usb isp i think it is possible to to do this...........
          > please help.........

          hmm, can you point where in the datasheet does it say "it has USB"?
        • at91r40008
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 31 5:17 PM
            depending on how much data you need to transfer, the simplest way is to use HID.
            For testing purposes you can use HID Terminal from Mikroelektronika
            http://www.mikroe.com/eng/products/view/7/mikroc-pro-for-pic/
            It allows you to see what you receive from the USB port and also allow you to send data in ASCII, hex and decimal.

            Download the PIC version it includes the HID Terminal.
            They also have AVR compilers but it doesn't seem to include the terminal.

            There are plenty of example for the PIC18F4550 that should help you with your AVR project.

            Also read this:
            http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc7599.pdf

            Good luck.