fuse & lockbit????????

  • hardik sharma
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2010

      hello group iam doing project on atmega32 . there is problem in fuse bit . and lock bit . i have take sinaprog(avrdude) software for that. now i have choosen fuse setting for low frequency crystel . and now i can not load programm in  my controller. would you help me.? i want to work with 16mhz crystal. and what if i activate lock bit is there any procedure to deactivate lock bit

    • Muhammad Sadiq Asgher
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 19, 2010
        Hi Hardik,

        This link would be helpful in solving your problem

        http://www.engbedded.com/fusecalc

        Regards
        Sadiq

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 20, 2010
          The short answer is no, if the lock bit is set, you cannot upload anymore hex images to the micro.

          Also, if you change the clock setting to external, you have to put an oscillator in the corresponding pin(s). You can not go back to internal oscillator unless you supply the micro with this external oscillator or do High Voltage Serial Programming.

          Mihai

          --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, hardik sharma <hardik_fame@...> wrote:

          > hello group iam doing project on atmega32 . there is problem in fuse bit . and lock bit . i have take sinaprog(avrdude) software for that. now i have choosen fuse setting for low frequency crystel . and now i can not load programm in  my controller. would you help me.? i want to work with 16mhz crystal. and what if i activate lock bit is there any procedure to deactivate lock bit
          >

          > Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW! http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/

        • A.K GOEL
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 21, 2010
            You need a high voltage programmer to reset the fuse bits.

            hello group iam doing project on atmega32 . there is problem in fuse bit . and lock bit . i have take sinaprog(avrdude) software for that. now i have choosen fuse setting for low frequency crystel . and now i can not load programm in  my controller. would you help me.? i want to work with 16mhz crystal. and what if i activate lock bit is there any procedure to deactivate lock bit

            New Email names for you!
            Hurry before someone else does!
          • Faizan Ali
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 22, 2010
              don`t worry my dear if i have a time to check your problem i will tell you about it
              ok thanks