Re: [booksbybibin,www.booksbybibin.tk] How does an ATMEGA16 programmer works?

  • im_shield
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2009
      Ok it's done..It reads the microcontroller, serial probe is ok, but when i write it finishes 100% and the message "Write failed" appears.
      I saw FAQ on lancos.com and they sayd there to modify some values inside ponyprog.ini (file found where ponyprog is installed).I modified the values but still the same problem.I use a USB to serial converter since i don;t have serial ports. Fuse bits can be responsable for something like that? Thank you for your answers!

      --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, nitin chaudhary <nitin2162000@...> wrote:

      > When you reset the system through command in ponyprog, the reset led should blink only once. For wrong connection reset led will blink more than one

    • im_shield
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2009
        Done...I won't use USB to Serial converter ever..It's working great with serial only :D..One more question: i did not attached to my programmer a crystal oscillator, but i have it on the board i want to use the microcontroller ( is a 7.3728 crystal). So my question is: can i program my uC with the fuses set so that my uC work with an external 7.3728 crystal, even if i use a programmer that don't use such a crystal? To be more clear, after i program my atmega16 on a programmer without external crystal (but with fuses set for external 7.3728), i want to take it out the socket and place it on a board that uses external 7.3728..Is it ok? Or should I have to attach an external 7.3728 to the programmer also?