Re: [booksbybibin,www.booksbybibin.tk] Help Required

  • Saeed Ahmed
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 26, 2009
    hi sadiq,
     first of all i advise to use xr 2206 instead of 555 xr 2206 is more efficient than 555 u can generate sinosidal as well squre wave .i m attaching the datasheet for more detail .the second thing is to how to interface with microcontroller ,plz use interrupt either on tralling or rising edges to controle the led's.

    regard,
    dany

    From: nandan amar <nandan.amar@ gmail.com>
    To: booksbybibin@ yahoogroups. com
    Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 10:05 PM

    hi sadiq
    why u want to use 555 as the same job can be done using avr only.
    pls write again if u dont want to use 555.

    and if u want just to test then pls follow :
    make sure o/p from 555 is 0 to 5 v.
    now decide how much led u want to glow in sequence
    connect the leds with portA suppose.
    take input from 555 to another port say portB
    write code to control portA acc. to portB
    all the best.

    On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Muhammad Sadiq Asgher <ms_asgher@yahoo. com> wrote:

    Hi All,

    I am designing a timer circuit and having difficulties, actually this circuit contains the 555 timer interfaced with avr controller and controller glow the LEDs in sequential Chasing manner. The ON & OFF period of the LEDs is controlled by the 555 timer. I need the help that how to interface the 555 timer with avr to control the ON & OFF period of LEDs.

    Waiting for your replies, and Thanks in advance for your repiles.

    Regards
    Muhammad Sadiq Asgher

    --
    Amar Kumar Nandan

  • Ashutosh
    Message 2 of 10 , Jul 19, 2009
      connect the avr O/P TO ENABLE PIN 4 OF 555 TIMER ic AND GET WORK FROM IT

      > > Hi All,
      > >
      > > I am designing a timer circuit and having difficulties, actually this
      > > circuit contains the 555 timer interfaced with avr controller and controller
      > > glow the LEDs in sequential Chasing manner. The ON & OFF period of the LEDs
      > > is controlled by the 555 timer. I need the help that how to interface
      > > the 555 timer with avr to control the ON & OFF period of LEDs.
      > >
      > > Waiting for your replies, and Thanks in advance for your repiles.
      > >
      > > Regards
      > > Muhammad Sadiq Asgher
      > >

      > --
      > Amar Kumar Nandan

    • kudrot elahi
      Message 3 of 10 , Jul 20, 2009
        Why u r using Timer 555? AVR itself has builtin Timer. You can use those very easily...

        connect the avr O/P TO ENABLE PIN 4 OF 555 TIMER ic AND GET WORK FROM IT

        > > Hi All,
        > >
        > > I am designing a timer circuit and having difficulties, actually this
        > > circuit contains the 555 timer interfaced with avr controller and controller
        > > glow the LEDs in sequential Chasing manner. The ON & OFF period of the LEDs
        > > is controlled by the 555 timer. I need the help that how to interface
        > > the 555 timer with avr to control the ON & OFF period of LEDs.
        > >
        > > Waiting for your replies, and Thanks in advance for your repiles.
        > >
        > > Regards
        > > Muhammad Sadiq Asgher
        > >

        > --
        > Amar Kumar Nandan

      • Muhammad Sadiq Asgher
        Message 4 of 10 , Jul 20, 2009
          Hi All,

          Thanks for all your replies, i have already designed such circuit which i required and it's working fine. Soon i will share that circuit with coding.

          Regards
          Muhammad Sadiq Asgher

          connect the avr O/P TO ENABLE PIN 4 OF 555 TIMER ic AND GET WORK FROM IT

          > > Hi All,
          > >
          > > I am designing a timer circuit and having difficulties, actually this
          > > circuit contains the 555 timer interfaced with avr controller and controller
          > > glow the LEDs in sequential Chasing manner. The ON & OFF period of the LEDs
          > > is controlled by the 555 timer. I need the help that how to interface
          > > the 555 timer with avr to control the ON & OFF period of LEDs.
          > >
          > > Waiting for your replies, and Thanks in advance for your repiles.
          > >
          > > Regards
          > > Muhammad Sadiq Asgher
          > >

          > --
          > Amar Kumar Nandan