avr ds1302 lcd clock with alarm

  • murlidhar.shenoy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 22, 2009
      hi everyone,
      i'm new to avrs.
      i'm using an atmega8 to interface an rtc with an 16x2 lcd.
      i'm contemplating whether to use ds1307 or ds1302 as rtc chip.
      i'm gonna use a peizo buzzer for the alarm.
      i'm thinking of using pushbuttons to set the time,alarm,etc.
      if possible i will also integrate an lm35 temperature sensor to display the ambient temperature.
      i use these libraries http://extremeelectronics.co.in/avr-tutorials/using-lcd-module-with-avrs given here for the lcd.
      can anyone help me with the code for interfacing the rtc chip??
      i prefer not to use the software rtc using the async. timer of the atmega8 since it is not that reliable since there is no way for backup battery source.
      i'm using winavr-gcc.
    • Dr. Rana
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 22, 2009

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2009
          --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Rana" <rghkk1@...> wrote:

          > http://picinf.blogspot.com/

          the site you suggested has the project for the pic microcontroller. i'm using the atmega8 microcontroller.any help on the project is welcomed