Toy car with remote control project

  • im_shield
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30, 2009
      Hi there! I ve programmed 2 atmega8515 for my toy car project..one on the remote control and the other on the car..Now i want to transfer the programs on ATMEGA8 or ATMEGA16..The problem is that the UDR from the usart is no more recognising the characters sent..For example, for going forward, i send the character 'I' and atmega16 instead of "I" sees an ASCII character or something...8515 sees the "I" with no problem..Please tell me how should i modifiy my program so that all things go well...Thank you!
    • Mihai Galos
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
        It seems like a classic case of "code porting without consulting the datasheet" :))

        See the initialisation for the USART. To be more precise, see the value you put in the UBRR Bitrate register ;)

        Kind regards,
        Mihai
      • im_shield
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
          Thank you, Mihai! I've modified the UBRR it seems to work,i receive what i send.

          PS: tu sigur esti roman d al meu, multam de ajutor ;)

          --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, Mihai Galos <mihaigalos@...> wrote:

          > It seems like a classic case of "code porting without consulting the datasheet" :))
          >
          > See the initialisation for the USART. To be more precise, see the value you put in the UBRR Bitrate register ;)
          >

          > Kind regards,
          > Mihai

        • Rohith Rajesh
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2009
            Take a look at a toy car we made using remote control.
            http://frommykeyboard.wordpress.com/

            Rohith

            Hi there! I ve programmed 2 atmega8515 for my toy car project..one on the remote control and the other on the car..Now i want to transfer the programs on ATMEGA8 or ATMEGA16..The problem is that the UDR from the usart is no more recognising the characters sent..For example, for going forward, i send the character 'I' and atmega16 instead of "I" sees an ASCII character or something... 8515 sees the "I" with no problem..Please tell me how should i modifiy my program so that all things go well...Thank you!

            Bollywood news, movie reviews, film trailers and more! Click here.