Unicode font generator for Ks0108 controller based GLCD

  • kallolkk
    Message 1 of 6 , May 13, 2009
      is it possible to generate unicode fonts character map to display it on the GLCD(Ks0108 based controller)? if so could anyone send me a copy of the software or any help on generating the character map for unicode based fonts.

      thanking you all...

      Kallol KK
    • Mihai Galos
      Message 2 of 6 , May 14, 2009
        If the Ks0108 does not support unicode natively, the short answer is yes, you could program it with your characters.

        As far as I know, all display controllers feature at least 8 memory locations in their memory map, which one can use to store their custom characters. You can specify the pixels that light up. I haven't eard of any lcd that supports more that 8 such locations.

        My best guess is that you should search for a lcd with a display controller which supports unicode.

        Regards,
        Me.
      • kallolkk
        Message 3 of 6 , May 15, 2009
          Thanks for your information .i'll try to find such kind of Lcd but am a bit worried whether its available in my country or not.any way thank you very much.

          Kallol KK

          --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, Mihai Galos <mihaigalos@...> wrote:

          > If the Ks0108 does not support unicode natively, the short answer is yes, you could program it with your characters.
          >
          > As far as I know, all display controllers feature at least 8 memory locations in their memory map, which one can use to store their custom characters. You can specify the pixels that light up. I haven't eard of any lcd that supports more that 8 such locations.
          >
          > My best guess is that you should search for a lcd with a display controller which supports unicode.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Me.

        • Mihai Galos
          Message 4 of 6 , May 18, 2009
            Some know-how sharing:

            You can write the '?' character by defining the actual pixels in a vector, where X is a pixel that lights up(1 logic) and _ is a pixel that is not lit up (0 level).
            #define ________ 0b00000000
            #define _XXXXX__ 0b01111100

            const unsigned char acGUI_Font40x11_0505_003F[ 55] = {
            ________,________,_XXXXX__,________,________,
            ________,________,XX___XX_,________,________,
            ________,________,_____XX_,________,________,
            ________,________,____XX__,________,________,
            ________,________,___XX___,________,________,
            ________,________,__XX____,________,________,
            ________,________,________,________,________,
            ________,________,__XX____,________,________,
            ________,________,__XX____,________,________,
            ________,________,________,________,________,
            ________,________,________,________,________};

            Regards,
            Mihai Galos.

            --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, "kallolkk" <kallolkk@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for your information .i'll try to find such kind of Lcd but am a bit worried whether its available in my country or not.any way thank you very much.
            >
            > Kallol KK
            >

            > --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, Mihai Galos <mihaigalos@> wrote:
            > >

            > > If the Ks0108 does not support unicode natively, the short answer is yes, you could program it with your characters.
            > >
            > > As far as I know, all display controllers feature at least 8 memory locations in their memory map, which one can use to store their custom characters. You can specify the pixels that light up. I haven't eard of any lcd that supports more that 8 such locations.
            > >
            > > My best guess is that you should search for a lcd with a display controller which supports unicode.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > Me.

          • kallolkk
            Message 5 of 6 , May 29, 2009
              thanks . couldn't check my mail for a few days,because of my illness. thanks for the code again ,i'll use this.

              thanks again
              KallolKK

              --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, "Mihai Galos" <mihaigalos@...> wrote:

              > Some know-how sharing:
              >
              > You can write the '?' character by defining the actual pixels in a vector, where X is a pixel that lights up(1 logic) and _ is a pixel that is not lit up (0 level).
              > #define ________ 0b00000000
              > #define _XXXXX__ 0b01111100
              >
              > const unsigned char acGUI_Font40x11_0505_003F[ 55] = {
              > ________,________,_XXXXX__,________,________,
              > ________,________,XX___XX_,________,________,
              > ________,________,_____XX_,________,________,
              > ________,________,____XX__,________,________,
              > ________,________,___XX___,________,________,
              > ________,________,__XX____,________,________,
              > ________,________,________,________,________,
              > ________,________,__XX____,________,________,
              > ________,________,__XX____,________,________,
              > ________,________,________,________,________,
              > ________,________,________,________,________};
              >

              > Regards,
              > Mihai Galos.
              >

              > --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, "kallolkk" <kallolkk@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Thanks for your information .i'll try to find such kind of Lcd but am a bit worried whether its available in my country or not.any way thank you very much.
              > >
              > > Kallol KK
              > >

              > > --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, Mihai Galos <mihaigalos@> wrote:
              > > >

              > > > If the Ks0108 does not support unicode natively, the short answer is yes, you could program it with your characters.
              > > >
              > > > As far as I know, all display controllers feature at least 8 memory locations in their memory map, which one can use to store their custom characters. You can specify the pixels that light up. I haven't eard of any lcd that supports more that 8 such locations.
              > > >
              > > > My best guess is that you should search for a lcd with a display controller which supports unicode.
              > > >
              > > > Regards,
              > > > Me.

            • Mihai Galos
              Message 6 of 6 , May 30, 2009
                Well, glad to hear you're feeling better ;)