GLCD +Max232+Atmega8 power problem

  • kallolkk
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2009
      i was using a adapter with 0-16V 350mA rating to power mega8 & GLCD.in between i used 7805 to make the voltage 5v.it was working fine.but when i connected max232 in the board ,Glcd keeps on reseting itself.

      i think its the adapter ,should i use a 0-12 v 500mA adapter.
      Help me please.

      Thanking u all
      KallolKK
    • akash deep
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2009

        you are yourself answering the question you asked...
        btw how much did the glcd cost u??resolution??

        i was using a adapter with 0-16V 350mA rating to power mega8 & GLCD.in between i used 7805 to make the voltage 5v.it was working fine.but when i connected max232 in the board ,Glcd keeps on reseting itself.

        i think its the adapter ,should i use a 0-12 v 500mA adapter.
        Help me please.

        Thanking u all
        KallolKK

        Now surf faster and smarter ! Check out the new Firefox 3 - Yahoo! Edition * Click here!
      • kallolkk
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2009
          i bought it from Bangladesh,it cost me 850tk (bangladeshi taka).its made in japan as written on it.controller is Ks0108 .resolution 128x64. QY-12864BG is written on the back of the GLCD.
          Ok then i should use 500mA adapter.

          Thanks .

          Kallol KK