ATmega16 l isp

  • gaurav9995
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2009
      Hi all,
      I recently made an ISP parallel port programmer and am trying to program my ATMEGA16L board. I always read the FLASH memory as 0xFF, and always unkown device while I was using PonyProg2000 and tried other programmer also. I am wondering anybody have any idea what can be wrong. My BIOS setup is using ECP. I checked the design for so many ISP programmer and I think my design is same as them. Any help or advice is appreciated.
    • akash deep
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2009
        ur atmega is dead!!!
        happened the same with me...
        i was so frustrated that y its not working...
        had put 6 months trying to get tht uC working

        regards
        gizzmodo

        > I recently made an ISP parallel port programmer and am
        > trying to program my ATMEGA16L board. I always read the
        > FLASH memory as 0xFF, and always unkown device while I was
        > using PonyProg2000 and tried other programmer also. I am
        > wondering anybody have any idea what can be wrong. My BIOS
        > setup is using ECP. I checked the design for so many ISP
        > programmer and I think my design is same as them. Any help
        > or advice is appreciated.

      • parmar gaurang
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 6, 2009
          I am making temperature controller interfacing with lcd and sWitchs. program works fine but after few minutes it reset automatically breaking the forever loop and come to initial condition where i have to again press on switch or sometime it hang i.e. it does not give any response to any switch.

          is this the problem of watchdog timer.?

          we have not used watchdog timer. it is disable or i have disable manually in program.

          i am using microcontoller atmega8535 in avr studio using embedded c.

          if i have to disable manually in my prog then how i will disable it. or any any hardware ckt to disable it.

          plz help

          i was so frustrated that y its not working...
          had put 6 months trying to get tht uC working

          regards
          gizzmodo

          > I recently made an ISP parallel port programmer and am
          > trying to program my ATMEGA16L board. I always read the
          > FLASH memory as 0xFF, and always unkown device while I was
          > using PonyProg2000 and tried other programmer also. I am
          > wondering anybody have any idea what can be wrong. My BIOS
          > setup is using ECP. I checked the design for so many ISP
          > programmer and I think my design is same as them. Any help
          > or advice is appreciated.

          Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger. yahoo.com/ invite/

        • Prathamesh Murkute
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 6, 2009

            As you pointed out the problem can be with WatchDog Timer (WDT). To find out whether it is exactly bcoz of WDT check out whether it resets periodically (after same period). You can disable WDT with keeping WDEN (Watch Dog Enable) bit LOW. Also you can completely disable WDT if you try it with fuse bits.
            Also make sure that your crcuit is not getting loaded which will coz it reset becoz of reduced supply voltage by some means.

            All the Best.

            Best Regards
            Prathamesh

          • s.holder123@btinternet.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 7, 2009
              It dosen't sound like a watchdog timer, the watchdog has a maximum 8 seconds on it, depending on the clock prescaler and clock speed, so minutes is not a watchdog timer.

              You may need to put a trap in the code, that shows you whAt caused the reset, i.e power reset, brown out reset, etc, it sounds more likely that you are causing a system reset by accessing a memory error (flash or ram) or creating nested level problem, do you have any memory allocated as arrays ? that are indexing out of bounds. dO YOU ALLOCATE ANY RAM by malloc ?

              Regards

              Without the code to look at though it is difficult, have you any way of debugging ? serial port, ICE, Simulator ?

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 7, 2009
                thank for response we dont have any watch dog timer inour programe.
                soi will try to solve the problem as per ur suggestion.

                i was so frustrated that y its not working...
                had put 6 months trying to get tht uC working

                regards
                gizzmodo

                > I recently made an ISP parallel port programmer and am
                > trying to program my ATMEGA16L board. I always read the
                > FLASH memory as 0xFF, and always unkown device while I was
                > using PonyProg2000 and tried other programmer also. I am

                Check out the all-new Messenger 9.0! Click here.