Regarding parallel port interrupts using Visual c++

  • Vijumohan.A
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2009
      Dear all,
      I'm in a project in which I'll need to interface with an external H/W
      device.
      I need to get interrupt from this external H/W through the parallel
      port(i.e. IRQ7),
      I have to complete this job using Visual C++.(using parallel port
      interrupt)
      I have found many code samples on the web but they only work on
      Borland compiler!!! How to make this on Visual Studio environment.

      Al ast thing, I needed to use the parallel port for interfacing this
      external H/W.

      If you people have any idea or sample code please help me....
      Its urgent...

      Thanks in advance
      V Mohan
    • Ghulam Hussain
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009
        dear interfacing with parallel port is not a dificult job, it need some understanding, i have done some project on this topic, for data acqsition and control.
         here is my websit, you can find some useful information there,
        and for corespondense and more question , ask me there, comment, posts.
        i will reply, visit reqularly, i will solve your problem.

        bye

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
          heylo every1
          i was trying to make a line follower robot...
          but problemssssss...

          i have connected the inputs to portc and output to portb.
           and made the following code

          #include<avr/io.h>

          int main()
          {
          DDRC=0x00; //Input port c declared
          DDRB=0xff; //port B declared output
          DDRD=0xff;

          PORTC=0xff; //active pull resistors

          PORTD=255;

          while(1)
          {

          if(PORTC==0xeb)
          PORTB=0x5c;//go strt

          if (PORTC==0xef)
          PORTB=0x48;//go left

          if (PORTC==0xfb)
          PORTB=0x14;//go right

          }
          }

          althought portd=255 lights up the leds on portd...
          nothing else happens to portb when i change the inputs on portc..

          have connected inputs to pc5 and pc3

          outputs to pb1 and pb3..

          thanks in advance

        • viju mohan
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
            Thanks Hussain....for the help....

            > dear interfacing with parallel port is not a dificult job,
            > it need some understanding, i have done some project on this
            > topic, for data acqsition and control.
            >  here is my websit, you can find some useful information
            > there,
            > and for corespondense and more question , ask me there,
            > comment, posts.
            > i will reply, visit reqularly, i will solve your problem.
            >

            > http://microcontroller51.blogspot.com/
            >

            > bye
            >
            > --- On Tue, 2/3/09, Vijumohan.A
            > <vijumohana@...> wrote:
            >

            > From: Vijumohan.A <vijumohana@...>
            > Subject: [booksbybibin,www.booksbybibin.tk] Regarding
            > parallel port interrupts using Visual c++
            > To: booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com
            > Date: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 11:15 AM
            >

            > Dear all,
            > I'm in a project in which I'll need to interface
            > with an external H/W
            > device.
            > I need to get interrupt from this external H/W through the
            > parallel
            > port(i.e. IRQ7),
            > I have to complete this job using Visual C++.(using
            > parallel port
            > interrupt)
            > I have found many code samples on the web but they only
            > work on
            > Borland compiler!!! How to make this on Visual Studio
            > environment.
            >
            > Al ast thing, I needed to use the parallel port for
            > interfacing this
            > external H/W.
            >
            > If you people have any idea or sample code please help
            > me....
            > Its urgent...
            >
            > Thanks in advance
            > V Mohan

          • Mihai Galos
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 6, 2009
              Haha, happened to me more than once.
              Use PINC instead of PORTC for reading digital inputs from ports ;)

              Kind regards,
              Mihai GALOS

              --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, akash deep <akashdeep007us@...>

              http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/