Re: [booksbybibin,www.booksbybibin.tk] (unknown)

  • nandan.amar@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 12, 2009
      it happens often.
      please check coonection and
      groung of ur programing device and power supply sud be same.
      also check for ur avr chip wether it is faulty or true.

      On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 10:06 AM, sartaj mohammed <sartaj_cvr@...> wrote:

      i'm a beginner .i 'm facing a problem in interfacing AVR .i;m using WINAVR for microcontroller programming .After making .exe file when i want to program it but,it 's showing an error msg  that AVR is not responding ,initilasitation failed.i have checked the circuit many times conection is perfect .

      NANDAN
    • Agfianto Eko Putra
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 12, 2009
        sartaj mohammed wrote:
        > i'm a beginner .i 'm facing a problem in interfacing AVR .i;m using
        > WINAVR for microcontroller programming .After making .exe file when i

        EXE file? i think BIN or HEX file...
        after compilation using WINAVR, it make BIN or HEX file
        and you can download this HEX/BIN file into AVR

        > want to program it but,it 's showing an error msg that AVR is not
        > responding ,initilasitation failed.i have checked the circuit many
        > times conection is perfect .

        to download into AVR you can use ISP programmer
        what programmer do you use?
        you can build ISP programmer, visit http://www.ikalogic.com/isp.php

        --
        Agfianto Eko Putra
        http://agfi.staff.ugm.ac.id
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 13, 2009
          Hello sartaj mohammed,
          Welcome to our group.

          Faulty wireing is not always the case of lack of communication
          between the pc and target microcontroller.
          Double check that:

          - you have run giveio.bat at least once on your pc (located in the
          winavr/bin folder). You don't have to run it every time you program
          the target.
          - wireing is good for the programmer you are using. Different
          programmers have different wireings. I use abcmini, for example.

          The last step is a bit more complex:
          - if your microcontroller is not a low-power device (which has a
          minimum operating voltage of 1.8V), and you are using a programmer on
          the parallel port, and the parallel port is in EPP or ECP mode, take
          a voltmeter reading of the high level state of the pins. If the high
          state measures 2.88 volts (mine does), you need to take into account
          the minimum treshold for the TTL high state, which is 0.6 of the
          supply voltage. This yields a maximum supply voltage of aproximately
          4.8 volts. So a source which outputs 5.17 Volts would make
          communication improbable.
          You could use a 3.3V Voltage regulator if this is the case.

          My walkaround is to use the Computer's USB port to supply roughly
          4.9 Volts which is pretty close to the 4.8 limit.
          BE ADVISED ! If you do not know what you are doing, don't do it! You
          could severely damage your computer's USB PORT.

          Kind regards,
          Mihai GALOS.

          --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, Agfianto Eko Putra <agfi@...>
          wrote:

          > sartaj mohammed wrote:
          > > i'm a beginner .i 'm facing a problem in interfacing AVR .i;m
          using
          > > WINAVR for microcontroller programming .After making .exe file
          when i

          > EXE file? i think BIN or HEX file...
          > after compilation using WINAVR, it make BIN or HEX file
          > and you can download this HEX/BIN file into AVR
          >
          > > want to program it but,it 's showing an error msg that AVR is
          not
          > > responding ,initilasitation failed.i have checked the circuit
          many
          > > times conection is perfect .
          >
          > to download into AVR you can use ISP programmer
          > what programmer do you use?
          > you can build ISP programmer, visit http://www.ikalogic.com/isp.php
          >
          > --
          > Agfianto Eko Putra
          > http://agfi.staff.ugm.ac.id
          > DSP, Embedded Electronics & Automation System Research Group
          > B.Sc. Program in Electronics & Instrumentation
          > Fac. of Mathematics & Natural Sciences
          > Gadjah Mada University - Yogyakarta 55281
          > Indonesia

        • akash deep
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 13, 2009
            1)which .exe r u taking about...u have to compile a .hex and .eep
            2)you could not have powered ur atmega...make sure ground connections r common from Atemega and programmer
            3)ur atmega could be dead...has happened with me!!!