Re: Xbee , motor controller and control circuit

  • ludmil_katzarov
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008
      Separate PS are not a bad idea. RF for sure is going to send some
      interferance. I would suggest a metal shield over the rf part.
      Inductor and capacitor should be good, the motor part is going to have
      also affect PS. Inductor or fuseable resistor, big capacitor and small
      capacitor should do. for the logic - same practice and 100 - 150 nf
      close to the MPU or under.
      All module grounds should go separate to the point where PS is
      connected and meet there. Same rule for 3 or 5V. 10=100MF are good as
      boost for logic and RF, 100-150 nf for filter in parallel. Metal
      shiels are good practice.
      Good luck.
    • nandan amar
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008
        better to use lp2950 for low power requirement like for wireless module.same can be shared with microcontroller  if they hav low power requirement

        On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 7:47 AM, fourier902000 <fourier902000@...> wrote:

        Hello everyone.

        I am designing a wireless remote control robot. The goal of the
        project is to send a wireless signal to a robot which will intern
        give left,right,forward, backward and speed control to the bot.
        There are going to be two robots that are going to be control. The
        first( alpha) is going to control the second robot.So the second bot
        is a duplicate of the second.

        Here is my question: I am going to have a Xbee wireless module, motor
        control and control circuit. what will be a good advice for power
        distribution. should I give each or two module a separate power
        supplies?

        question arise because I am designing a PCB board and is considering
        to run the motor controller, control circuit and the X bee all built
        on the same board. so power sharing and distribution( power rating for
        each module is different). I have two chargeable 7.2 v 7400mAH
        batteries.
        Here are my power sharing ideas: Xbee and control circuit on same
        power supply. Motor controller on a separate motor controller

        --
        NANDAN
      • nitin chaudhary
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2008
          the first thing you should do is to separate  the motor supply.It will consume a lot of power.When i was designing the same but using  434 MHz rf  modules due to negative peaks produced by motor there ware fluctuations in the circuit and moreover the motor will consume most of the power and hence degrading the module functionality.Also you have not to connect the GNDS of both power supply as it will transfer the back emf to uc & rf module.Option is either you connect diodes,capacitors across motor or use optoisolator as connection between motor driver ic and uc.

[...]

          Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger.