Xbee , motor controller and control circuit

  • fourier902000
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
      Hello everyone.

      I am designing a wireless remote control robot. The goal of the
      project is to send a wireless signal to a robot which will intern
      give left,right,forward, backward and speed control to the bot.
      There are going to be two robots that are going to be control. The
      first( alpha) is going to control the second robot.So the second bot
      is a duplicate of the second.

      Here is my question: I am going to have a Xbee wireless module, motor
      control and control circuit. what will be a good advice for power
      distribution. should I give each or two module a separate power
      supplies?

      question arise because I am designing a PCB board and is considering
      to run the motor controller, control circuit and the X bee all built
      on the same board. so power sharing and distribution( power rating for
      each module is different). I have two chargeable 7.2 v 7400mAH
      batteries.
      Here are my power sharing ideas: Xbee and control circuit on same
      power supply. Motor controller on a separate motor controller
    • ludmil_katzarov
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008
        Separate PS are not a bad idea. RF for sure is going to send some
        interferance. I would suggest a metal shield over the rf part.
        Inductor and capacitor should be good, the motor part is going to have
        also affect PS. Inductor or fuseable resistor, big capacitor and small
        capacitor should do. for the logic - same practice and 100 - 150 nf
        close to the MPU or under.
        All module grounds should go separate to the point where PS is
        connected and meet there. Same rule for 3 or 5V. 10=100MF are good as
        boost for logic and RF, 100-150 nf for filter in parallel. Metal
        shiels are good practice.
        Good luck.
      • nandan amar
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008
          better to use lp2950 for low power requirement like for wireless module.same can be shared with microcontroller  if they hav low power requirement

          --
          NANDAN
        • nitin chaudhary
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2008
            the first thing you should do is to separate  the motor supply.It will consume a lot of power.When i was designing the same but using  434 MHz rf  modules due to negative peaks produced by motor there ware fluctuations in the circuit and moreover the motor will consume most of the power and hence degrading the module functionality.Also you have not to connect the GNDS of both power supply as it will transfer the back emf to uc & rf module.Option is either you connect diodes,capacitors across motor or use optoisolator as connection between motor driver ic and uc.

[...]

            Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger.