WHAT IS PROBLEM

  • virtual_port
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 19, 2008
      I am new to avr I am using ATMEGA8515 .When I program AVR program is
      running when micro controller is inserted in ISP parallel port
      programmer. But when I remove it from programmer and use it simple
      testing board AVR does not work.What is problem.
    • colin peiris
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 21, 2008
        Dear pal even if u do not fit the controller to the programmer it runs
        we think that it is programmed

        first see whether the programmer has been detected by the pc if so it
        should dump if not nothing is ritting in to pic
        please double check

        amacolp

        --
        amacolp
      • Mihai Galos
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 21, 2008
          Double check connections and make sure the /Reset pin is not
          connected to ground and the Vcc and Gnd are connected accordingly.

          Kind regards,
          Mihai GALOS

          --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com,
          "virtual_port" <virtual_port@...> wrote:

          > I am new to avr I am using ATMEGA8515 .When I program AVR program is
          > running when micro controller is inserted in ISP parallel port
          > programmer. But when I remove it from programmer and use it simple
          > testing board AVR does not work.What is problem.

        • alok dwivedi85
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 21, 2008
            I am using ATMEGA8 controller i have already interfaced LCD which working well and displaying messgaes what i am sending.
            I am using 4 push buttons.Start,Up,Down,Stop.
             Now I want to interface timer and LCD so that using push buttons i can set(increment or decrement) the timer minutes and seconds so that time will be shown on LCD.

            it will be shown like 00:00. Please tell me how to write code in C to interface timer and LCD.

            Alok Dwivedi
            alokdwivedi85@...
          • Mihai Galos
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 23, 2008
              Dear alokdwivedi85,

              see my delat API at http://mihaigalos.ro/work/Embedded/Simple/
              DELAY_API/readOn.html

              dwivedi85" <alokdwivedi85@...> wrote:

              > I am using ATMEGA8 controller i have already interfaced LCD which
              working
              > well and displaying messgaes what i am sending.
              > I am using 4 push buttons.Start,Up,Down,Stop.
              > Now I want to interface timer and LCD so that using push buttons i
              can
              > set(increment or decrement) the timer minutes and seconds so that
              time will
              > be shown on LCD.
              >
              > it will be shown like 00:00. Please tell me how to write code in C
              > interface timer and LCD.
              >
              > Alok Dwivedi
              > alokdwivedi85@...

            • ranjeeth_gec
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 23, 2008
                --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, "virtual_port" <virtual_port@...>
                wrote:

                > I am new to avr I am using ATMEGA8515 .When I program AVR program is
                > running when micro controller is inserted in ISP parallel port
                > programmer. But when I remove it from programmer and use it simple
                > testing board AVR does not work.What is problem.

                if you r a beginner better you use
                1.Debian(linux Distro)
                2.avr-libc(for coding)
                3.avr-gcc(for compiling)
                4.uisp(for burning)

                you can get the circuit from the net.it consists of few resistor
                capacitor,oscillator (total 10 Rs) and a breadboard. if you r
                interested mail me
              • worldelm
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 31, 2008
                  wrote:

                  > I am new to avr I am using ATMEGA8515 .When I program AVR program is
                  > running when micro controller is inserted in ISP parallel port
                  > programmer. But when I remove it from programmer and use it simple
                  > testing board AVR does not work.What is problem.

                  I am new to avr ,too
                  i don't understand your problem but i advise you if you work on board
                  now leave it and assemble porogrammer on the mk board .
                  i try a week but not get result
                  until assemble porogrammer on the mk board
                • Joseph Kumanchik
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
                    Be sure to verify the clock source is set up correctly. If you are not using an external clock source on your project board, you must select the Internal clock fuse bit.