Regarding to program the philips 89c51rd2 through Serial Commu..by PC

  • dkp_cad
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2008
      Respected Sir

      We are in trouble to run our project (device control through
      ethernet)

      actually we have used microcontroller philips 89c51rd2 which contain
      future in system programming(isp). So we can load program directly
      in ic using serial communication with pc.
      we have softwere win isp, flash magic etc to load program in ic.

      But the problem is that the ic can not detected by pc.

      Can you suggest us how to test ic 89c51rd2 if it working pooperly.

      Our facing many tensions regarding to it..So if possible then reply
      immediatly

      Thank you .

      Final Year Student

      HArdik Shah
    • mahender katukury
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8 10:03 AM
        Hi,
         If PC doesn't recognise u r IC do the following.
        1. Check u r serial port connector to u r microcontroller kit.
        2. Check the Flash-magic settings
                    i.Com port: COM1/COM2 depending on the connectivity.
                   ii.Baud rate : 9600
                   iii.Device : 89C51RD2xx
                  iv.interface : none(ISP)
                  v.oscillator: 11.0592Mhz
                  vi. ** "TICK"  erase blocks used by hex file. **
                  vi. DON'T  Tick any other checkbox, except the above.
        3. Now browse the hex file and press on Start button to dump u r hex file.
        4. If this doesn't work, Check the power supply of u r IC (between 20th and 40th pin) It should be nearly  5V (+/- 0.5V).
        5. Double check u r serial cable and connectivity to the kit.
        6. If it still doesn't work,  put a newer microcontroller and redump it again.
        7. If it still doesn't work, reply me to this mail id,, i will get it worked.
                            Karthik.