Re: [booksbybibin,www.booksbybibin.tk] Re: LM35 +ADC0804

  • bien angelo relucano
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 14, 2008
      Thanks. Can you recommend another sensor which we can interface in the computer aside from LM35? We don't have TMP121 or DS1620 temperature in the Philippines so we are really working hard with the LM35 to function. We are working with this original circuit (attached here) but the computer cannot accept the data from the sensor:

      Can you suggest any alternative way to solve this problem? Thank you very much and God bless..

    • Ever Cifuentes
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 14, 2008
        Hi.
        rango de temperatura   = 120 -30 = 90
        resolucion del ADC ( 8 bits) = 5/255= 0.0196

        resolucion del ADC/grado = 5/90= 0.0556

         Entonces  la exactitud es = 0.0196/0.0556 = 0.35 grados,

        por lo tanto necesitas un conversor ADC minimo  de 10bits que esta en un ATMEGA, Si usas de 12 bits mejoras la resolucion de tus medidas.
        No olvidar usar los OPAMs para cambiar la referencia de 0 -90 grados

        saludos

        Ever

        angelbein <angelbein@...> escribió:
        Hi. I am designing a circuit that accepts temperature data using
        LM35dz and ADC0804 through visual basic. But we want the data to be in
        the range of 30°C to 120°C. However, we also want it to give
        temperature data with decimal point. How can we calibrate the adc to
        output at least 0.2°C accuracy? Thanks in advance..

        ¿Con Mascota por primera vez? - Sé un mejor Amigo
        Entra en Yahoo! Respuestas.

      • bien angelo relucano
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 15, 2008
          Hi, thanks for sharing the circuit.

          Did you use the status port of the parallel port or the data port of it? I will have to read your article for further information. Did you also program it using Visual Basic 6.0?

          Thanks again..

        • bien angelo relucano
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 15, 2008
            Muchas gracias Señor pero no entiendes español.
            I understand a little bit of your language because it's quite similar with our language here in the Philippines. Anyway, I just want to clarify what you've said and translate it in English to see if I'm correct.

            Range of Temperature = 120 - 30 °C
            Resolution of ADC( 8 bits) = 5/255= 0.0196

            Resolution of ADC/grade = 5/90= 0.0556

             Entonces  la exactitud es = 0.0196/0.0556 = 0.35 grados, (I can't understand what this means sir. Where and how can I set these parameters in the ADC?)

            We are planing also to use ADC0808 instead of ADC0804 for simplification.

            Thanks.