[booksbybibin,www.booksbybibin.tk] Re: The Best AVR For Line Follower

  • brainwav.rm
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2008
      Yeah, but you don't need all that for line following. You just need 2
      PWM channels and enough inputs for your IR rensors and maybe a start
      button. WinAVR has a C compiler. I'm pretty sure its free and un-
      restricted. That's what I'm using now, and it makes things really
      simple!

      --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, anup dugane <anupmdugane@...>
      wrote:

      > do prefer atmega16 or atmega32 they have 4 pwm,4 ports
      > and 8 channel adc.using codevision or
      > imagecraft(limited period version is available)will
      > greatly simplify programming in c.

    • le_r0umain
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2008
        ATMega8 has 3 PWM channels
        ATMega168 has 6 PWM channels

        They are pin compatible
        I'm using 8L and 168 on identical boards (different XTals though).
        But for a simple line follower even the ATTiny2313 would do.