The Best AVR For Line Follower

  • ktal3at
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2008
      Hey :

      I am Working on Advanced Line follower Robot And am Asking what is the
      best AVR For using

      i plan to use ATtiny44 --- 2 PWM & 2Counters -- But it has PORTA
      And PortB only But i need the controller for other functions like
      switches and lifters so I need More o/p

      OR

      ATMEGA 8515 / 8535 coz it has 3 PWM channels - 1 counter

      and has PORT(A/B/C/D) So it is better than ATTINY44

      this is my opinion !

      What about yours ??? And if you have better tell me plz !
    • brainwav.rm
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 27, 2008
        Hi, I've been to a couple competitions here in Ontario and the best
        line follower there uses a Mega8. I used to use a PIC18F2620, but I'm
        going to use a Mega8 in my next line follower. I think the Mega168 is
        the same size, but has more stuff on it like 4PWM channels.

        --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, "ktal3at" <ktal3at@...> wrote:

        > Hey :
        >
        > I am Working on Advanced Line follower Robot And am Asking what is the
        > best AVR For using
        >
        > i plan to use ATtiny44 --- 2 PWM & 2Counters -- But it has PORTA
        > And PortB only But i need the controller for other functions like
        > switches and lifters so I need More o/p
        >
        > OR
        >
        > ATMEGA 8515 / 8535 coz it has 3 PWM channels - 1 counter
        >
        > and has PORT(A/B/C/D) So it is better than ATTINY44
        >
        > this is my opinion !
        >
        > What about yours ??? And if you have better tell me plz !

      • anup dugane
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 29, 2008
          do prefer atmega16 or atmega32 they have 4 pwm,4 ports
          and 8 channel adc.using codevision or
          imagecraft(limited period version is available)will
          greatly simplify programming in c.

          Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. To know how, go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html
        • brainwav.rm
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 31, 2008
            Yeah, but you don't need all that for line following. You just need 2
            PWM channels and enough inputs for your IR rensors and maybe a start
            button. WinAVR has a C compiler. I'm pretty sure its free and un-
            restricted. That's what I'm using now, and it makes things really
            simple!

            --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, anup dugane <anupmdugane@...>
            wrote:

            > do prefer atmega16 or atmega32 they have 4 pwm,4 ports
            > and 8 channel adc.using codevision or
            > imagecraft(limited period version is available)will
            > greatly simplify programming in c.

          • le_r0umain
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2008
              ATMega8 has 3 PWM channels
              ATMega168 has 6 PWM channels

              They are pin compatible
              I'm using 8L and 168 on identical boards (different XTals though).
              But for a simple line follower even the ATTiny2313 would do.