Re: [booksbybibin,www.booksbybibin.tk] plz tell how to burn code on atmega 16 using parallel port cable

  • Varun Jain
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 16, 2007
       dude the best ever way to program any avr is via sp12.
      i've been using this since 1yr nd never ever hav i faced any problem..
      the information about sp12 can be taken from http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbolt/e-spider_prog.html

      u just need few resistors and a parallel port cable and u can easily burn ur hex file to the microcontroller. i've tried sp12 on atmega8, atmega16, atmega32 .
      c if it helps u

      regards
      varun jain
      gautam sharma <gautam_etc@...> wrote:

      pls u install userport.exe  for accessing   parallel port  then again  try it  out ...it  will  definitely work.
      bhav2k05_in <bhav2k05_in@ indiatimes. com> wrote:
      i have already tried many times but its not working.
      i m using ponyprog software, i have 25-25 parallel port cable.
      i have connected reset, sck,mosi,miso ground pins of atmega16 to pin
      7,8,9,10,19 po parallel port. I have also connected all ground pins of
      parallel port cable and also connected VCC of atmega16 to 5V supply.I
      have also changed BIOS settings enabling parallel port.
      But it still showing error port not found.
      I have done almost all things said in bibin john book.
      Plz help

      Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof. Click here.

    • le_r0umain
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 16, 2007
        Your Atmega's fuses may be set incorrectly rendering the device
        unusable. There are ways to revive the uC from bad fuses (been there,
        did that) but there's a chance it's really shot.

        --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, "bhav2k05_in" <bhav2k05_in@...>
        wrote:

        > i have already tried many times but its not working.
        > i m using ponyprog software, i have 25-25 parallel port cable.
        > i have connected reset, sck,mosi,miso ground pins of atmega16 to pin
        > 7,8,9,10,19 po parallel port. I have also connected all ground pins of
        > parallel port cable and also connected VCC of atmega16 to 5V supply.I
        > have also changed BIOS settings enabling parallel port.
        > But it still showing error port not found.
        > I have done almost all things said in bibin john book.
        > Plz help

      • Mukesh Wadhwani
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 17, 2007
          There is a possibility that ur parellel port resource setting is not matching with the one set in the software u are using....
          usually the setting is 0378-037F or 0278-027F...

          Check ur setting in the software u are using & in
          My computer--> properties--->hardware---->device manager--->
          ports--->LPT!--->properties--->resources

          Hope this will work 4 u....reply if it does

          Mukesh M. Wadhwani
          JTO(mobile), GSM wing,
          BSNL, Maharashtra