best way to learn coding in c

  • suhas_2256311
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 5, 2007
      hi all,
      can anyone suggest me some books or links to learn coding in c for
      atmega32.. as data sheets are not helping me much. in particular i
      want learn about adc,pwm,timer and interrupts. i have worked on
      atmega8,is it worth upgrading to 32..?
    • Danny Dom
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
        There is not much difference between atmega8 and an atmega32.

        If you have worked before on c with the atmega8 then you won't have any
        problems upgrading to atmega32.

        But I suggest the following book
        Embedded C Programming and the atmel AVR
        2nd Edition
        Barnett, Cox and O'Cull
        Thomson Delmar Learning

        Best book there is for my opinion, and with examples for the atmega16, the
        atmega 32 is the same, only more memory

        you can buy it from amazon.

        regards Danny

        > can anyone suggest me some books or links to learn coding in c for
        > atmega32.. as data sheets are not helping me much. in particular i
        > want learn about adc,pwm,timer and interrupts. i have worked on
        > atmega8,is it worth upgrading to 32..?
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Joseph Kumanchik
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007

          I am using  "Embedded C Programming and the Atmel AVR" 2nd Edition by Richard H. Barnett, Sara Cox, and Larry O'Cull

          I am new to the AVR and C programming and I found this to be an excellent book.

          Good Luck

          ISBN-13: 978-1-41803959-2 or ISBN-10: 1-41803959-4

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
            It will depend a bit on the compiler that you are using. Like the
            other said Embedded C Programming and the Atmel AVR second edition is
            a great book, if you are using code vision. If you are using GCC with
            WinAVR I would recommend C Programming for Microcontrollers Featuring
            Atmel's AVR Butterfly and the free WinAVR Compiler. If programming is
            not your think I think that Code Vision is much easier to write
            working code with. That is just my preference. I did buy both books
            and have got somne good use out of both. All of my previos project5s
            have been in Code Vision and I think the next may be in WinAVR. Hope
            this helps.

            --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, "suhas_2256311"
            <suhas_2256311@...> wrote:

            > hi all,
            > can anyone suggest me some books or links to learn coding in c for
            > atmega32.. as data sheets are not helping me much. in particular i
            > want learn about adc,pwm,timer and interrupts. i have worked on
            > atmega8,is it worth upgrading to 32..?

          • Eric Edwards
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
              I sould also mention that you look at http://www.avrfreaks.net/

              <suhas_2256311@...> wrote:

              > hi all,
              > can anyone suggest me some books or links to learn coding in c for
              > atmega32.. as data sheets are not helping me much. in particular i
              > want learn about adc,pwm,timer and interrupts. i have worked on
              > atmega8,is it worth upgrading to 32..?

            • sumair ahmed
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
                Hi,

                I am from Bangalore, India. I enquired in quite a few
                bookshops and they all said that they don't have this
                book:

                "Embedded C Programming and Atmel AVR" by Barnett.If
                anybody from India has this book can you please give
                me the complete address where it is available?

                Thanks,
                Sumair

                --- Eric Edwards <ericjedwards@...> wrote:

                > I sould also mention that you look at
                > http://www.avrfreaks.net/
                >
                > --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, "suhas_2256311"
                > <suhas_2256311@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > hi all,
                > > can anyone suggest me some books or links to learn
                > coding in c for
                > > atmega32.. as data sheets are not helping me much.
                > in particular i
                > > want learn about adc,pwm,timer and interrupts. i
                > have worked on
                > > atmega8,is it worth upgrading to 32..?

                Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. To know how, go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html
              • Danny Dom
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 7, 2007
                  you can order it from www.amazon.com
                  They send it to India

                  regards Danny

                  > I am from Bangalore, India. I enquired in quite a few
                  > bookshops and they all said that they don't have this
                  > book:
                  >
                  > "Embedded C Programming and Atmel AVR" by Barnett.If
                  > anybody from India has this book can you please give
                  > me the complete address where it is available?
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Sumair
                  >
                  > --- Eric Edwards <ericjedwards@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> I sould also mention that you look at
                  >> http://www.avrfreaks.net/
                  >>
                  >> --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, "suhas_2256311"
                  >> <suhas_2256311@...> wrote:
                  >> >
                  >> > hi all,
                  >> > can anyone suggest me some books or links to learn
                  >> coding in c for
                  >> > atmega32.. as data sheets are not helping me much.
                  >> in particular i
                  >> > want learn about adc,pwm,timer and interrupts. i
                  >> have worked on
                  >> > atmega8,is it worth upgrading to 32..?
                  >> >

                  > Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. To know how, go to
                  > http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • prashant kharade
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 7, 2007
                    Hi Joseph,

                    From where did you buy the book.

                    I am not getting the book.

                    Will U please tell the address.

                    Thanks

                    Prashant
                    --- Joseph Kumanchik <joekumanchik@...> wrote:

                    > I am using "Embedded C Programming and the Atmel
                    > AVR" 2nd Edition by Richard H. Barnett, Sara Cox,
                    > and Larry O'Cull
                    > I am new to the AVR and C programming and I found
                    > this to be an excellent book.
                    >
                    > Good Luck
                    >
                    > ISBN-13: 978-1-41803959-2 or ISBN-10: 1-41803959-4

                    Be a better friend, newshound, and
                  • njbibin
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 8, 2007
                      Try the winAVR tutorial given in this link
                      http://avrmicrocontroller.googlepages.com/Atmelavrmicrocontrollertutorial.html

                      Try to do some, later you will study automatically. I dont think there
                      is a need for book. Read winAVR references and search through internet
                      since most of the codes are open source

                      Bibin John
                      www.bibinjohn.tk

                      --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, prashant kharade