1649Re: [booksbybibin,www.booksbybibin.tk] ATmega16 l isp

  • s.holder123@btinternet.com
    Apr 7, 2009
      It dosen't sound like a watchdog timer, the watchdog has a maximum 8 seconds on it, depending on the clock prescaler and clock speed, so minutes is not a watchdog timer.

      You may need to put a trap in the code, that shows you whAt caused the reset, i.e power reset, brown out reset, etc, it sounds more likely that you are causing a system reset by accessing a memory error (flash or ram) or creating nested level problem, do you have any memory allocated as arrays ? that are indexing out of bounds. dO YOU ALLOCATE ANY RAM by malloc ?

      Regards

      Without the code to look at though it is difficult, have you any way of debugging ? serial port, ICE, Simulator ?
      --- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com, parmar gaurang <parmar_gaurang1@...> wrote:

      > I am making temperature controller interfacing with lcd and sWitchs.
      > program works fine but after few minutes it reset automatically
      > breaking the forever loop and come to initial condition where i have to
      > again press on switch or sometime it hang i.e. it does not give any
      > response to any switch.
      >
      > is this the problem of watchdog timer.?
      >
      > we have not used watchdog timer. it is disable or i have disable manually in program.
      >
      > i am using microcontoller atmega8535 in avr studio using embedded c.
      >
      > if i have to disable manually in my prog then how i will disable it. or any any hardware ckt to disable it.
      >
      > plz help

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic