Re: [bookartsconnection] Santa Barbara Book Festival

    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
      Hi all,
      I've just returned from the spectacular Canadian Rockies and am
      trying to catch up on correspondence. I'm glad there is interest in
      the BAC having a booth at the Book and Author Fest and I will be
      happy to pitch in my $25. I'd offered to bring one of our small hand
      presses, but I'll wait to see whether there is room for it and/or
      whether it's appropriate. Unfortunately my schedule for Sept. is
      uncertain, but I'll try to be there to help out any way I can. I
      think we have some flexibility within the space - tables at right
      angles; one in front, one behind; or display boards and racks. It
      will depend on who's bringing what to show and/or sell. I recall
      that Sally Timlin mentioned a booth for kids to make books - maybe we
      could be located next to that and/or work with Art from Scrap to have
      materials for simple projects??

      We probably need to have a meeting of all who are participating
      sometime this summer to plan our space needs and schedule and decide
      what kind of signage and info we need to create.