The Sara and Jill Workshops

  • Sara Norquay
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2004
      Hi everyone!

      I hope your summer feels good so far. If you live in the Santa Barbara area,
      these workshops might be for you. Jill Littlewood and I are offering some
      paper and bookarts workshops out of Jill's studio during July and the
      beginning of August.

      I have pasted and attached the flyer with application etc. Hope you can come
      to one of them. Please let other people know about it and if you need more
      flyers just call e-mail me and I'll get them to you.

      Thanks. Sara

      Classes in Paper & Book Arts
      for Adults and Teens
      Summer, 2004, art workshops with Sara Norquay and Jill Littlewood,
      Create gorgeous papers in Jill�s classes to use in Sara�s innovative
      bookarts classes.

      Paste Papers taught by Jill
      Littlewood Cost: $50
      Collage artists, book makers and illustrators love these for their luminous
      beauty. Let your love of color and pattern out, and take home a bundle of
      beautiful papers.

      Marbling on Water (Suminagashi) taught by Jill Littlewood
      Cost: $50
      Beautiful and complex, these papers are surprisingly easy to make. You will
      have plenty of working time to create papers for cards, collages and other
      projects.

      Creating decorative papers taught by Jill Littlewood
      Cost: $50
      We will explore and combine six popular techniques that can easily be
      replicated at home.

      Flexigons taught by Sara Norquay
      Cost: $45
      Make magical moveable greeting cards for that special celebration or special
      person. Structures learned in this class can be used to make beautiful gifts
      as well.

      Printmaking taught by Sara Norquay
      Cost: $65
      Create exciting relief prints from carved rubber blocks. Prints may also be
      used on cards or book structures for impressive personal gifts.

      Books taught by Sara Norquay
      Cost: $55
      Make three simple books that you can use as gifts, journals, or for
      memoranda. Specialty papers as well as found recyclable papers will be used.

      Paste Papers July 10 1 � 5 pm
      Flexigons July 12 1:30 - 5 pm
      Printmaking July 13 1:30 - 5 pm
      Marbling July 14 1:00 - 5 pm
      Decorate Papers July 16 1 � 5 pm
      Books July 19 1:30 � 5 pm
      Paste Papers July 22 1 � 5 pm
      Decorate Papers July 26 1 � 5 pm
      Flexigons July 27 1:30 � 5 pm
      Marbling July 29 1 � 5 pm
      Printmaking August 2 1:30 � 5 pm
      Books August 3 1:30 � 5 pm

      Classes are offered more than once for your convenience. Class size limited
      to 8 people. Supplies included in the cost of all classes. For more
      information call: 967-9650 or email: norquay@...

      Name:___________________________ Phone Number: ____________ Email:
      _________________

      Address:

      Name of workshop(s) with dates and times:

      All classes held at Littlewood Studios, 435 E. Pederagosa, Santa Barbara, CA
      93103

      My check is enclosed for ________________________ . Details & directions
      sent upon receipt of check.

      Please make checks payable to the class instructor: either Sara Norquay or
      Jill Littlewood.

      Mail all checks to Sara Norquay�s address: 6210 Westmorland Place, Goleta,
      CA 93117

      Share this flyer with your friends!