these are so beautiful

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24 2:50 PM
      Cones, Curves, Shells, Towers: He Made Paper Jump to Life

      June 22, 2004
      By MARGARET WERTHEIM

      A computer science professor who died in 1999 was a pioneer
      in computational origami, an emerging field with
      surprisingly practical applications.

      http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/22/science/22orig.html?ex=1089046479&ei=1&en=802cf93c7390452d

    • francesj14@cox.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25 12:16 PM
        Would be nice to see a book of his paper structures.
        sigh........
        frances
        > From: "Jill Littlewood" <jill@...>
        > Date: 2004/06/24 Thu PM 05:50:06 EDT
        > To: <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: [bookartsconnection] these are so beautiful

      • Lisa Moore
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 25 7:44 PM
          Here is another page with more on Dr. Huffman...can't remember
          how I found it, too long ago, but Paul Haeberli put this site
          together, dated '96. I had not realized he passed away...

          http://www.sgi.com/grafica/huffman/index.html

          Thank Jill for finding that article!

          ATB,
          Lisa