Re: April meeting binding

  • artboox
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23, 2002
      >Is there a book somewhere with the instructions that I might get?
      Or, is anyone willing to bring the one they did to the next meeting
      in May? I'd love to see everyone's book done with so many different
      paper samples.

      I'm sorry we missed you Sat. Sharon. The version I demonstrated is
      not recorded in any book I know of, but there are 2 books with
      independently devised bindings which are similar to it. They are:
      Creating Handmade Books, by Alisa J. Golden (This version is called
      Slot & Tab), and The Art and Craft of Handmade Books, by Shereen
      LaPlantz (called the Interstate Highway book). I would look at the
      instructions in both very carefully. I actually don't feel I could
      have figured it out from the descriptions if I hadn't learned the
      technically different version originally by John Wood.

      Good luck,
      Lisa