Hi there - news from China...

  • Patrice Baldwin
    Message 1 of 3 , May 15, 2004
      Y'all:

      You may remember the last saga... I sold my house in Santa Maria and left for China...
      NOW to you remmeber me? hehehehehe - I know, I know, it's been months, but I've been busy having a wonderful time in
      Baoding. Well, there's only another month to go and I'm through here at Hebei University.

      The Western Book Arts class has been a huge success... at least as far as my 15 students and myself are
      concerned. We're having our final exhibition on the 17th of June. I'll post some pictures after that for y'all to see.
      They're darling 3rd hear art students, and have taken to books with enthusiam and energy. We've done basic
      book structures, pocket books, sewn sections and variations, swing book, working with leather, rechoso binding,
      cover treatments, faux coptic, end paper design, title page design, incorporating text, pop-up books, star books,
      tunnel books, albuns, slip cases and the final is three finished books of three different structures. They're a
      great bunch of students and I'll miss them when I go... but...

      I'm teaching English to kids this summer in Xi'an (July/August) then teaching somewhere near Shanghai next
      Fall. Thing is, I don't wanna come back! All my furniture and studio stuff is in storage in Tucson, my house
      sold and I'm going to get my fill of China before I get back to "been there, done that." I've met lots of new friends
      both teachers and students. I've had some sexy new clothes made... lots of 'em and traveled a bit around the
      north. Now it's time to learn something about the center and east. South will come after that, I hope. This is a
      very big country with lots to see.

      I've collected some juicy items for books too. Sent 300 full sized sheets of beautiful paper from Anhui Province back to
      my daughter. Now I'm on the trail of some paper from Sechuan too.

      Take care, everyone,

      Patrice Baldwin
      Message 2 of 3 , May 15, 2004
        dear patrice: wonderful update, but not enough of them!!!

        can't wait to see the pictures.

        love

        > You may remember the last saga... I sold my house in Santa Maria and left
        for China...
        > NOW to you remmeber me? hehehehehe - I know, I know, it's been months,
        but I've been busy having a wonderful time in
        > Baoding. Well, there's only another month to go and I'm through here at
        Hebei University.

        > The Western Book Arts class has been a huge success... at least as far as
        my 15 students and myself are
        > concerned. We're having our final exhibition on the 17th of June. I'll
        post some pictures after that for y'all to see.
        > They're darling 3rd hear art students, and have taken to books with
        enthusiam and energy. We've done basic
        > book structures, pocket books, sewn sections and variations, swing book,
        working with leather, rechoso binding,
        > cover treatments, faux coptic, end paper design, title page design,
        incorporating text, pop-up books, star books,
        > tunnel books, albuns, slip cases and the final is three finished books of
        three different structures. They're a
        > great bunch of students and I'll miss them when I go... but...
        >
        > I'm teaching English to kids this summer in Xi'an (July/August) then
        teaching somewhere near Shanghai next
        > Fall. Thing is, I don't wanna come back! All my furniture and studio stuff
        is in storage in Tucson, my house
        > sold and I'm going to get my fill of China before I get back to "been
        there, done that." I've met lots of new friends
        > both teachers and students. I've had some sexy new clothes made... lots of
        'em and traveled a bit around the
        > north. Now it's time to learn something about the center and east. South
        will come after that, I hope. This is a
        > very big country with lots to see.
        >
        > I've collected some juicy items for books too. Sent 300 full sized sheets
        of beautiful paper from Anhui Province back to
        > my daughter. Now I'm on the trail of some paper from Sechuan too.
        >
        > Take care, everyone,
        >
        > Patrice Baldwin
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Tom & Judy Nilsen
        Message 3 of 3 , May 15, 2004
          So happy to hear that it has been a wonderful experience for you. Enjoy......
          Judy Nilsen
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor