Free event tonight!

  • rosequeen48
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2004
      Get a Life in the Arts Lecture
      at the Armory, 145 N. Raymond Ave., Old Pasadena
      Wednesday, May 5, 6:30 p.m.

      Our lecture series for high schools students continues with Alice
      Vaughan and Lynne McDaniel who will discuss various forms of visual
      arts, including bookbinding and site-specific painting such as murals.
      Alice Vaughan has been a craft bookbinder for 30 years. She trained in
      London at two Polish binderies and has worked in trade and library
      binderies as well as print shops. Alice has her own bindery now,
      binding books or building boxes and enclosure structures for authors,
      artists, designers, and for student portfolios. Lynne McDaniel studied
      painting at UC Irvine and lived in England for a decade where she
      exhibited her work in several galleries. For the past 14 years she has
      created site-specific paintings. Her work has been featured in Better
      Homes and Gardens, Los Angeles Times, Pasadena Star News, American
      Home, and The Bungalow.