Book and Author Festival in September

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5 6:29 PM
      Yes, this is definitely something I think we should pursue. Jill has
      been in contact with someone also (we discussed this at our January
      gathering) and I volunteered to bring one of our little printing
      presses to demonstrate. I think Art from Scrap was involved one year
      and had a place where kids made things - and I have photos from a
      similar childrens area at the LA Times Book Festival a couple of
      years ago. Let's get the ideas flowing!

      Also, I just received the Contemporary Arts Forum's announcement of a
      show of artist books in May. That may help make more people aware of
      books as works of art.

      We are finally doing some small letterpress printing projects on our
      1896 Chandler & Price platen press. But there's never enough time
      with work, and our newest distractions, a 6-month old grandson in
      Orange County and a 1-month old granddaughter here in Santa Barbara.

      Hope all you book arts folks are doing well and I hope to see you all
      again before too long!