Re: [bookartsconnection] Altered book

  • Don Drake
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2004
      My personal prejudice says, don't pollute your daughter's creative
      vision unnecessarily. Forget the inspirational material and let her
      realize her own vision undisturbed.

      Don Drake
      Dreaming Mind

      ddrake@...
      IM: stitchbyhand
      http://www.dreamingmind.com
      http://www.hughstump.com
      (510) 537-9711

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30, 2004
        unless she gets stuck. sometimes seeing one or two examples of how others
        break the rules seems to give permission to let go.

        My personal prejudice says, don't pollute your daughter's creative
        vision unnecessarily. Forget the inspirational material and let her
        realize her own vision undisturbed.

        Don Drake
        Dreaming Mind

        ddrake@...
        IM: stitchbyhand
        http://www.dreamingmind.com
        http://www.hughstump.com
        (510) 537-9711

        On Mar 30, 2004, at 8:44 AM, askengel@... wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        > My daughter's high school English class is reading Frankenstein
        > and has been given the assignment to create an Altered Book
        > on the subject. (marvel) She has purchased an antique Pinnochio
        > book (get the connection?) and is ready to tear into it. She is
        > very creative on her own, but I would like to get some examples
        > of Altered Books for her to see that might inspire her further.
        > Where would I find books on Altered Books for her to look at?
        > Do they have any at the Santa Barbara library? Or are there
        > any websites?
        > Any help would be appreciated.
        > Thanks,
        > Sharon Engel
        > Ojai
        >
        > "Don't go to your grave with your music still inside you."
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > <yhoo0104_a_300250a.gif>
        > <l.gif>
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        > . To visit your group on the web, go to:
        >
        > . To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
        >
        > . Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
        > Service.

        Yahoo! Groups Links