Altered book

  • askengel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2004
      Hi everyone,
      My daughter's high school English class is reading Frankenstein
      and has been given the assignment to create an Altered Book
      on the subject. (marvel) She has purchased an antique Pinnochio
      book (get the connection?) and is ready to tear into it. She is
      very creative on her own, but I would like to get some examples
      of Altered Books for her to see that might inspire her further.
      Where would I find books on Altered Books for her to look at?
      Do they have any at the Santa Barbara library? Or are there
      any websites?
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Sharon Engel
      Ojai

      "Don't go to your grave with your music still inside you."
    • Don Drake
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30, 2004
        My personal prejudice says, don't pollute your daughter's creative
        vision unnecessarily. Forget the inspirational material and let her
        realize her own vision undisturbed.

        Don Drake
        Dreaming Mind

        ddrake@...
        IM: stitchbyhand
        http://www.dreamingmind.com
        http://www.hughstump.com
        (510) 537-9711

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30, 2004
          unless she gets stuck. sometimes seeing one or two examples of how others
          break the rules seems to give permission to let go.

          My personal prejudice says, don't pollute your daughter's creative
          vision unnecessarily. Forget the inspirational material and let her
          realize her own vision undisturbed.

          Don Drake
          Dreaming Mind

          ddrake@...
          IM: stitchbyhand
          http://www.dreamingmind.com
          http://www.hughstump.com
          (510) 537-9711

          On Mar 30, 2004, at 8:44 AM, askengel@... wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          > My daughter's high school English class is reading Frankenstein
          > and has been given the assignment to create an Altered Book
          > on the subject. (marvel) She has purchased an antique Pinnochio
          > book (get the connection?) and is ready to tear into it. She is
          > very creative on her own, but I would like to get some examples
          > of Altered Books for her to see that might inspire her further.
          > Where would I find books on Altered Books for her to look at?
          > Do they have any at the Santa Barbara library? Or are there
          > any websites?
          > Any help would be appreciated.
          > Thanks,
          > Sharon Engel
          > Ojai
          >
          > "Don't go to your grave with your music still inside you."
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          > <yhoo0104_a_300250a.gif>
          > <l.gif>
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          > . To visit your group on the web, go to:
          >
          > . To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          >
          > . Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
          > Service.

          Yahoo! Groups Links