Re: [bookartsconnection] Carol Duvall Show

  • molly moodle
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 24 2:02 PM
      --- kmar <kmar@...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > Just a note to say that I am going to be an audience
      > show and tell person on
      > the Carol Duvall Show for the Holiday Special
      > (HGTV). This means that I
      > will be showing how to make my matchbox pendant and
      > miniature book that fits
      > inside. It is taping this Saturday March 27th to be
      > shown I believe in the
      > fall of 2004. Wish me luck, this is the first time
      > I will be on TV in this
      > capacity.
      >
      > Kathleen Baggarley-Mar

      You go girl! Have fun!

      Gretchen

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
    • sally timlin
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 5, 2004
        Hi everyone,
        I was hoping to get your input about the possiblity of us, as a group, participating in the Santa Barbara Book and Authors' Festival in September. I've been talking to a representative from the festival about running a booth for kids to make books but I thought this would be an ideal opportunity for us to really strut our stuff and show off our books. Are you all interested in participating? If so, what are your thoughts about what we want to do? I was also thinking (er, hoping & wishing) that maybe we could entice a famous book artist (like Nick Bantock or Sabrina Ward Harrison) to come to the festival to speak, give a workshop, exhibit some books... Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions would be so appreciated. Thanks.
        Sally

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5, 2004
          Yes, this is definitely something I think we should pursue. Jill has
          been in contact with someone also (we discussed this at our January
          gathering) and I volunteered to bring one of our little printing
          presses to demonstrate. I think Art from Scrap was involved one year
          and had a place where kids made things - and I have photos from a
          similar childrens area at the LA Times Book Festival a couple of
          years ago. Let's get the ideas flowing!

          Also, I just received the Contemporary Arts Forum's announcement of a
          show of artist books in May. That may help make more people aware of
          books as works of art.

          We are finally doing some small letterpress printing projects on our
          1896 Chandler & Price platen press. But there's never enough time
          with work, and our newest distractions, a 6-month old grandson in
          Orange County and a 1-month old granddaughter here in Santa Barbara.

          Hope all you book arts folks are doing well and I hope to see you all
          again before too long!