Fw: [LABAC] Edible Book Show in Los Angeles - Call For Entries

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2004
      From: LAGourmet@...
      To: Lagourmet@...
      Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 1:09 PM
      Subject: [LABAC] Edible Book Show in Los Angeles - Call For Entries

      How To Make An Edible Book
      A Call For Entries Or Entrees, Hors d'oeuvres and Desserts

      The Los Angeles Book Arts Center invites book artists of all ages to cook
      up a literary feast for the Fifth Annual International Edible Book High/Low
      Tea. The tea will be held Saturday, April 3, 2004, in rooms five and six at
      Plummer Park, 7377 Santa Monica Blvd. in West Hollywood, from 2:00 P.M. to 5:00
      PM. Set up to begin at 12:00 and run until 1:30, show to begin promptly at
      2:00, we will eat the artwork at 4:00 and begin clean up at 5:00 PM.
      Please visit www.colophon.com/ediblebooks for inspiration and to see previous edible book art.

      What is an Edible Book?
      An edible book is just that. An artists' book that is edible, made out of
      food rather than paper and board.

      How to begin.
      What's your favorite food?
      Chocolate?
      Cheese?
      Vegetables?

      What's your favorite book?
      Pulp fiction?
      Bodice rippers?
      Biographies?
      Children's Lit?
      Here is the opportunity to make your books and eat them too.

      Materials
      Any food items that will make an edible book. Visit the market with a new
      view of food as an art material. Imagine books of broccoli, Chop some
      veggies, Bake a cake, the sky's the limit.

      REMEMBER
      It's just like making an artists' book only more calories.
      Content
      Structure
      Taste
      FUN

      There is no fee to participate in or to be a spectator for this show, but we do need to know
      how many artists will be creating edible artwork so we have enough space. For more info and to register your edible art please contact Lisa Deutsch at 310-657-2616/
      LAGourmet@... or Marcia Moore at 310-827-6192.