Re: [bookartsconnection] hello from China...

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2004
      Hello, Pat. Lovely to hear from you, and glad things are good there. What
      kind of art is China making now? I am really interested in finding out how
      the chinese (i know. they are so many and so varied, that probably there is
      no such thing as "chinese", but....) have moved from the pre-mao emphasis on
      tradition, to communist devaluation of anything but revolution art, to the
      recent development of capitalism. if you get any insight, pass it along.