January 19th meeting

  • Joyce Resnik
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2004
      Hi every bookartsconnection January get together attendee. Will one of you
      please post what discussion took place re the future direction of this group?
      Those of us who were unable to attend would like to be kept in the loop.

      thank you!

      Joyce
    • Sara Norquay
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2004
        Sorry, Joyce.

        I posted the results of our meeting on the website and forgot to send out an
        e-mail. For all of you who want to know who was there and what was discussed
        it's on the events page. I can send out an e-mail with details once my
        current deadlines are met.

        Sara Norquay

        >From: "Joyce Resnik" <bamajoyce@...>
        >To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [bookartsconnection] January 19th meeting
        >Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 20:19:06 -0000
        >
        >Hi every bookartsconnection January get together attendee. Will one of you
        >please post what discussion took place re the future direction of this
        >group?
        >Those of us who were unable to attend would like to be kept in the loop.
        >
        >thank you!
        >
        >Joyce
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        >To visit your group on the web, go to:

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        What are the 5 hot job markets for 2004? Click here to find out.
        http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Custom/MSN/CareerAdvice/WPI_WhereWillWeFindJobsIn2004.htm?siteid=CBMSN3006&sc_extcmp=JS_wi08_dec03_hotmail1
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2004
          Hi Joyce and everyone,

          I'm just back from a two week trip to the East Coast where I had the
          pleasure of viewing the Crane Papermaking Museum and their working mill.
          Crane is the company that makes our money and every time I pull a bill out
          of the washing machine I am grateful they make it so well. They also make
          beautiful stationary - traditionally it was white but recently they have
          been introducing colors: green from recycled money, blue from blue jean
          cuttings, and other lovely colors that are as strong and easy to write on as
          their other products. I was there to show some tests I am doing with their
          pulp - some craft things and some things that might get them to create an
          artist-in-residence program. It was great fun and I hope the future will
          bring further connection.

          The meeting on January 19th was well attended and the ideas flowed but
          finally it all comes down to who will do what. We decided that the best use
          of our energies was to rethink any schedule (since no one wanted to take on
          monthly meetings from Patrice and me) and just have the email group function
          as our connector whenever someone wants to do something. Angela Moll used
          this to good end when she invited us to create paper dolls with Pamela
          Hastings: she sent an email to the whole group asking if there was interest
          and several people emailed her personally. Then when Pamela's schedule was
          known she posted the date and details of the workshop and various people
          signed up and the workshop was a success. This seems to be the most viable
          way of proceeding for now. So if you, Joyce, or Sharon or anyone wants to
          invite a speaker or teacher this is the template for how to gauge interest.

          On a similar note, if someone wants to get a group together to do paste
          papers, bookbinding, printing or anything then they set a time, place and
          people show up. (If you want to know how many people are coming it helps to
          ask for RSVP's offline.) Several people suggested ideas for what they would
          like to do this spring and we will all get to see what comes up.

          We also talked about the website. Sara Norquay and Lisa Moore are working
          on getting it back up to speed. To keep it current they would love to get
          digital pictures of recent work from people. Sara mentioned that she may
          organize a bring-your-work-she-will-photograph-it day as she did once
          before. We are all so lucky to have Sara's expertise and the great space at
          Crane to use for our meetings once in awhile.

          As I mentioned before, my contribution to the group this spring is to work
          on the two person show called "Winged Women" I am opening with Brecia
          Kralovic on May 29th. I plan to make the biggest book I have ever done and
          show lots of work in paper. I will be sending invitations in April but if
          you want to you can pencil in May 29th from 3-7 on your calendars. I hope
          the work you see will be an inspiration.

          Joyce, I hope your healing is going well and you will soon be cavorting with
          us.