my next six months

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2004
      I have been receiving emails and calls from bookmakers and mostly the content is what they would like to see happen rather than what they would like to make happen.

      For my part, I am going to step back for the next six months to concentrate on a show I am doing with Brecia Kralovic-Logan on Memorial Day weekend. Our show, called Winged Women, will come exactly 21 years after my last big show held at the Woman's Building in Los Angeles. I was pregnant with my daughter Laura then. Now my three children are going off into the world and I am recommitting myself to art. I need to burrow and tunnel into all the bits and scraps and starts to see if I can, as in the fairy tales, separate the grains of food from the specks of dirt. You will all be invited to see the results.

      To this end I will be cutting back on group activities. For Book Arts Connection that means organizing. I will be happy to come to activities but I am not going to spend time organizing speakers, trips, workshops or anything else as I have in the past. If this looks like a golden opportunity to someone who has wanted to be program organizer now is the time to speak up.

      In July, after my show is over, I will be happy to see if we can get a group together in time to have a booth at the SB Book Festival. If anyone wants to join me on that we should probably meet the organizer sometime this spring. Let me know if you are interested.

      As to exhibitions, holiday sales, classes, exchanges, collaborations, etc. I hope we will be talking about that this coming Saturday.