[bookartsconnection] January 17th meeting

  • askengel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2004
      Hi,
      I agree with Joyce as to bringing in teachers at a price, and having more of a
      definite structure to the meetings. And, aren't there some of us that can
      teach
      a class? It seemed to have started out that way.
      I keep getting the La Gourmet postings from LA and they have specific
      classes and workshops. Are we not just as large a group as they are
      to be able to have structured workshops?
      I'd like to see it stay "book oriented." However that means including
      anything that goes into the making of a book and it's contents. The paste
      paper day was of course not book structure, but was sure a part of bookmaking.
      I'd say that any type of paper decoration (walnut inks, beeswax, etc) would
      relate. Calligraphy and cutting rubber stamps would be related to content.

      I, too, cannot make the meeting Saturday, because my sister is coming
      to visit from Illinois. Hopefully, the discussion will be reported to us
      absentees.
      Thanks,
      Sharon Engel
      Ojai

      "The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed."