January 17th meeting

  • bamajoyce@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2004
      I am 2 weeks into recovery from a hip replacement so I will not be at this first-of-the-year meeting. However, I would like to express my vote to save our group as a BOOK art group. all the other paper art fits in nicely with it too. In fact, it seems to me that many of our meetings have been more paper oriented than book.

      I would like to see our group bring in teachers, at a fair price to us, so we can stretch ourselves in the book arts. I think I'm prone to prefer structure for our meetings, get-togethers, than just winging it.

      Enjoy each other at the meeting and please report on the list any concensus.

      Joyce
    • askengel@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2004
        Hi,
        I agree with Joyce as to bringing in teachers at a price, and having more of a
        definite structure to the meetings. And, aren't there some of us that can
        teach
        a class? It seemed to have started out that way.
        I keep getting the La Gourmet postings from LA and they have specific
        classes and workshops. Are we not just as large a group as they are
        to be able to have structured workshops?
        I'd like to see it stay "book oriented." However that means including
        anything that goes into the making of a book and it's contents. The paste
        paper day was of course not book structure, but was sure a part of bookmaking.
        I'd say that any type of paper decoration (walnut inks, beeswax, etc) would
        relate. Calligraphy and cutting rubber stamps would be related to content.

        I, too, cannot make the meeting Saturday, because my sister is coming
        to visit from Illinois. Hopefully, the discussion will be reported to us
        absentees.
        Thanks,
        Sharon Engel
        Ojai

        "The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed."