Hello from new member

  • Marjorie Tomei
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2003
      Hi Everyone!

      My name is Maggie Tomei. I don't live in California, although I once lived
      in the San Francisco Bay area and would love to live there again. I have
      been into book arts and paper arts for the last 2-3 years now. I have mostly
      made simple books but as time goes on, I am wanted to delve deeper into
      making more complicated books as well as restoring books. Currently, I am
      into altered books. I am also interested in mixed media, collage, rubber
      stamping, painting, and textiles. I love to learn new techniques and have a
      huge variety of interests. I live in Northern New Mexico with my husband
      and two scottish terriers. I hope to learn more about book arts from your
      interactive group. Maggie Tomei

      Share holiday photos without swamping your Inbox. Get MSN Extra Storage
      now! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2003
        The National Museum of Women in the Arts Library and Research Center is
        accepting proposals from book artists for the 2005 Library Fellows Award.
        The deadline for receipt of proposals is January 31, 2004.

        The Library Fellows Program was established in 1989 to encourage and support
        the creation of artists' books and to benefit the Library and Research
        Center. Although collaborative works are allowed and even encouraged, the
        artist who is responsible for the overall creation, design and realization
        of the book must be a woman.

        For the 2005 award, the Library Fellows will grant up to $12,000 for the
        production of an artist's book in an edition of 125 copies.

        Recent recipients of the award are Linda K. Johnson, Carol Schwartzott, and
        Susan E. King.

        For more information about the program, to download the submission
        guidelines, and to view previous years' winners, please visit our website
        at: http://www.nmwa.org/library/program.asp. Or, please contact the Library
        and Research Center at library@... or 202-783-7365.

        Sharon M. Wasserman
        Director of the Library and Research Center
        National Museum of Women in the Arts
        1250 New York Ave., N.W.
        Washington, D.C. 20005
        202-266-2806