Re: Fw: [LABAC] Los Angeles Book Arts Center Holiday Boutique

  • Patrice Baldwin
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2003
      YES!!! It's a really cool affair. Lots of books, bags, artwork of all
      kinds, and I'll be there with my l'il books. See y'all soon.

      Patrice

      > November 17, 2003
      >
      > LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Book Arts Center, a nonprofit art
      center dedicated to the promotion of book and paper arts, will be
      holding its second annual holiday boutique. The sale will take place
      on Saturday, November 29, from 10 AM to 5 PM at New Roads School in
      Santa Monica. New Roads is located at 3131 West Olympic Blvd. This
      free event will allow book and paper lovers to explore these unique
      art forms up close and personal.

      > The Los Angeles Book Arts Center is a creative, intellectual and
      technical resource for artists, collectors, dealers, curators and all
      individuals interested in the book and paper arts. It is the center's
      mission to serve as a network and clearinghouse for information,
      education and resources. This is being accomplished through
      networking, workshops, lectures, publications, exhibitions and
      outreach. Our commitment is to build a strong community as well as to
      further individual pursuits in the book and paper arts.

      > The Los Angeles Book Arts Center (LABAC) was founded in September
      2002. In October 2002, LABAC held an Inaugural Exhibition of the work
      of it's members. The Los Angeles Book Arts Center and the exhibit
      were featured in an article on the front page of the Living section of
      the Los Angeles Times on October 7, 2002. The Holiday Boutique in
      December 2002 not only provided a venue for members to show and sell
      their work, but also proved to be a great opportunity for members and
      book arts enthusiasts to meet and exchange ideas. LABAC was
      highlighted in a Time magazine article on November 11, 2002, about the
      growing interest in book art throughout the nation. Open meetings,
      hosted lectures, classes, and continuous online discussion groups all
      contribute to building a strong book arts community in Los Angeles.
      LABAC proudly participated in both the Los Angeles Times Festival of
      Books and the West Hollywood Book Fair. The Los Angeles Book Arts
      Center offers the broadest possible range of classes in the book arts,
      drawing and calligraphy, paste papers and monoprints, book structures
      of all types, cases and boxes, and everything between and beyond.

      > For additional information on the Holiday Boutique or the Los
      Angeles Book Arts Center, please contact Lisa Deutsch at (310)
      657-2616 or LAGourmet@a... Please feel free to visit our website at
      www.LABookArts.com