Fw: [LABAC] Los Angeles Book Arts Center Holiday Boutique

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2003
      From: LAGourmet@...
      To: Lagourmet@...
      Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 11:47 AM
      Subject: [LABAC] Los Angeles Book Arts Center Holiday Boutique

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

      November 17, 2003

      LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Book Arts Center, a nonprofit art center dedicated to the promotion of book and paper arts, will be holding its second annual holiday boutique. The sale will take place on Saturday, November 29, from 10 AM to 5 PM at New Roads School in Santa Monica. New Roads is located at 3131 West Olympic Blvd. This free event will allow book and paper lovers to explore these unique art forms up close and personal.

      The Los Angeles Book Arts Center is a creative, intellectual and technical resource for artists, collectors, dealers, curators and all individuals interested in the book and paper arts. It is the center's mission to serve as a network and clearinghouse for information, education and resources. This is being accomplished through networking, workshops, lectures, publications, exhibitions and outreach. Our commitment is to build a strong community as well as to further individual pursuits in the book and paper arts.

      The Los Angeles Book Arts Center (LABAC) was founded in September 2002. In October 2002, LABAC held an Inaugural Exhibition of the work of it's members. The Los Angeles Book Arts Center and the exhibit were featured in an article on the front page of the Living section of the Los Angeles Times on October 7, 2002. The Holiday Boutique in December 2002 not only provided a venue for members to show and sell their work, but also proved to be a great opportunity for members and book arts enthusiasts to meet and exchange ideas. LABAC was highlighted in a Time magazine article on November 11, 2002, about the growing interest in book art throughout the nation. Open meetings, hosted lectures, classes, and continuous online discussion groups all contribute to building a strong book arts community in Los Angeles. LABAC proudly participated in both the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books and the West Hollywood Book Fair. The Los Angeles Book Arts Center offers the broadest possible range of classes in the book arts, drawing and calligraphy, paste papers and monoprints, book structures of all types, cases and boxes, and everything between and beyond.

      For additional information on the Holiday Boutique or the Los Angeles Book Arts Center, please contact Lisa Deutsch at (310) 657-2616 or LAGourmet@.... Please feel free to visit our website at www.LABookArts.com

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Patrice Baldwin
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2003
        YES!!! It's a really cool affair. Lots of books, bags, artwork of all
        kinds, and I'll be there with my l'il books. See y'all soon.

        Patrice

        657-2616 or LAGourmet@a... Please feel free to visit our website at
        www.LABookArts.com