Other Listservs about Books

  • Oak Knoll Books
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2003
      On our redesigned and expanded web site Oak Knoll has added many new
      features including a list of more than 40 Listservs that are of special
      interest to people involved with books and allied subjects. These
      Listservs deal with all aspects of book making, book collecting, libraries,
      the book arts and paper arts. Sometimes several lists deal with the same
      subject. The list, including a link to Bookartsconnection can be found in
      our "Bibliophile Resources" section on the "About Us" pull down menu. The
      link to our home page is <<http://www.oakknoll.com/>>.

      The new web site also contains Subject Specialty pages devoted to specific
      topics and on these pages you can find digitized selections from books
      about the topic and links to other resources on the internet. Of special
      interest to Bookartsconnection users might be the specialty Printing
      History or Papermaking. The links to these are on our home page and
      throughout the site and here is a list of all the specialties:

      Bibliography
      Book Collecting
      Book Design
      Book Illustration
      Book Selling
      Bookbinding
      Book Plates
      Fine Press Books
      Forgery
      Libraries
      Literary Criticism
      Papermaking
      Printing History
      Publishing
      Typography
      Writing & Calligraphy

      Other notable features of the site are; for people who register on the
      "Sign In" page there is a special sale section, with a selection of books
      at 50% off, and there is a place to sign up for catalogue mailings. In
      addition, the new search engine has many more features allowing more
      targeted searches. Finally there is added content throughout the site

      Sincerely,
      John Laird
      Director of Marketing
      Oak Knoll Books
      310 Delaware Street
      New Castle, DE 19720 USA
      Phone: 302-328-7232
      Fax: 302-328-7274
      E-mail: johnlaird@...
      Web: <http://www.oakknoll.com/>

      Come visit us at the 10th annual Oak Knoll Fest celebration and see the
      largest fine-press book exhibition in North
      America!<<http://www.oakknoll.com/fest/home.html>>.