Book Arts

  • awilson@utech.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 7, 2002
      I have started a photo album of my book arts projects. Take a look!

      http://www.picturetrail.com/pumpkinvinecreek/736346

      Amy Wilson

      FREE Online Photo Albums:
      http://www.picturetrail.com
    • patbooks2000
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 9, 2002
        Lovely books, Amy. I like the one for fortune cookie fortunes. Neat idea.

        Pat Baldwin

        --- In bookartsconnection@y..., awilson@u... wrote:
        > I have started a photo album of my book arts projects. Take a look!
        >
        > http://www.picturetrail.com/pumpkinvinecreek/736346
        >
        > Amy Wilson
        >
        > FREE Online Photo Albums:
        > http://www.picturetrail.com
      • Amy Wilson
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 13, 2002
          Thanks Pat! I hope to add more soon!

          Amy

          patbooks2000 wrote:

          > Lovely books, Amy. I like the one for fortune cookie fortunes. Neat idea.
          >
          > Pat Baldwin
          >
          > --- In bookartsconnection@y..., awilson@u... wrote:
          > > I have started a photo album of my book arts projects. Take a look!
          > >
          > > http://www.picturetrail.com/pumpkinvinecreek/736346
          > >
          > > Amy Wilson
          > >
          > > FREE Online Photo Albums:
          > > http://www.picturetrail.com

          Amy
          14/0/0/188
          http://www.geocities.com/alphanut_2000
          http://www.geocities.com/amys_alteredbooks
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 15, 2002
            Hi Everybody,

            Just want to remind you that Sally Timlin is teaching another 8-week
            session of her great Book Art Creations class at Adult Ed this
            quarter, Fridays from 9 am-noon in room 20 at Schott Center. The
            first class was last Friday and we need a couple more people to
            guarantee that the class will continue. We can promise you that it
            will be fun and productive! Come and check it out this week!

            Also, those of you who are traveling in the next few months might
            want to check out some of the following:

            The Best of the Best: Traveling Exhibition of the Guild of Book
            Workers, on display at the San Diego State University Library
            through April 23 and at the San Francisco Public Library from May 7 -
            June 27.

            The Pacific Center for Book Arts "Book Arts and Printers Fair" will
            be held Saturday, April 27, from 9-4 at Fort Mason in San Francisco.

            A Typographic Discourse: Women and the Book Arts in California,
            1930-2000, will display works from the Donohue Rare Book Room at USF,
            Gleeson Library/Geschke Center (M-F only), May 2-June 21.

            The San Francisco Center for the Book has moved into larger quarters
            at the big blue building at 300 De Haro St. and has an exhibit
            "Celebrating Artists as Teachers" through May 31. From June 7-20,
            The Artist's Book: Unlimited Engagement is an exhibit culminating a
            yearlong class studying the evolution of artist's books. There are
            usually weekend classes going on and I've found instructors and
            students are happy to have visitors take a look at what they are
            creating, especially if you drop in during their lunch break.

            Hope to see lots of you next Saturday afternoon at the book arts
            connection workshop at 1 pm at Virginia Gardner's home!

          • Lianne
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 16, 2002
              Sally Timlin will also be teaching June 1-2 at Artiology 2002 in
              Atlantic City NJ! so if you are going to be on the east coast for any
              reason, this would be a fun perk.

              -LiAnne Gabe
              http://www.artiology.com

              Pam Maines wrote:

              > Hi Everybody,
              >
              > Just want to remind you that Sally Timlin is teaching another 8-week
              > session of her great Book Art Creations class at Adult Ed this
              > quarter, Fridays from 9 am-noon in room 20 at Schott Center. The
              > first class was last Friday and we need a couple more people to
              > guarantee that the class will continue. We can promise you that it
              > will be fun and productive! Come and check it out this week!
              >
              > Also, those of you who are traveling in the next few months might
              > want to check out some of the following:

            • Susan McCarthy
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 16, 2002
                I have to work and will not be able to attend most classes, but if it is a
                matter of helping keep the class open, I will be glad to sign up.

                Susan McCarthy

[...]

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.1994012.3473453.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17063898
                62:HM/A=1036972/R=0/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=3466> Click Here!

                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=194081.1994012.3473453.1261774/D=egroupmai
                l/S=1706389862:HM/A=1036972/rand=959522488>

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 17, 2002
                  Gianna asked me to forward this to all of you on the email list, as
                  she's having trouble getting connected:

                  I'm teaching a collage class .....8 weeks Apr 23 through early
                  June....Tuesday afternoons. It's an experiential class, not product
                  oriented, but multi-leveled, creativity-facilitating via collage,
                  book,assemblage. If you are interested, call me for more specific
                  description. I'd love to have any of you in the class.
                  Gianna DeGirolamo-Gaudio.....566-1270

                • kmar
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 17, 2002
                    Hi all- I would love to come to the class, but the next few fridays are
                    booked. After That?
                    Kathleen Baggarley
                    > Just want to remind you that Sally Timlin is teaching another 8-week
                    > session of her great Book Art Creations class at Adult Ed this
                    > quarter, Fridays from 9 am-noon in room 20 at Schott Center. The
                    > first class was last Friday and we need a couple more people to
                    > guarantee that the class will continue. We can promise you that it
                    > will be fun and productive! Come and check it out this week!
                    >
                    > Also, those of you who are traveling in the next few months might
                    > want to check out some of the following:
                    >
                    > The Best of the Best: Traveling Exhibition of the Guild of Book
                    > Workers, on display at the San Diego State University Library
                    > through April 23 and at the San Francisco Public Library from May 7 -
                    > June 27.
                    >
                    > The Pacific Center for Book Arts "Book Arts and Printers Fair" will
                    > be held Saturday, April 27, from 9-4 at Fort Mason in San Francisco.
                    >
                    > A Typographic Discourse: Women and the Book Arts in California,
                    > 1930-2000, will display works from the Donohue Rare Book Room at USF,
                    > Gleeson Library/Geschke Center (M-F only), May 2-June 21.
                    >
                    > The San Francisco Center for the Book has moved into larger quarters
                    > at the big blue building at 300 De Haro St. and has an exhibit
                    > "Celebrating Artists as Teachers" through May 31. From June 7-20,
                    > The Artist's Book: Unlimited Engagement is an exhibit culminating a
                    > yearlong class studying the evolution of artist's books. There are
                    > usually weekend classes going on and I've found instructors and
                    > students are happy to have visitors take a look at what they are
                    > creating, especially if you drop in during their lunch break.
                    >
                    > Hope to see lots of you next Saturday afternoon at the book arts
                    > connection workshop at 1 pm at Virginia Gardner's home!
                    >
                    > Pam Maines
                    > --

                  • sally timlin
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 17, 2002
                      Hi Kathleen,
                      You're welcome to come anytime. We just have to keep our numbers up in order to continue meeting (a tough task for the spring quarter!). If you want, you can e-mail me before you come and I'll be able to fill you in about what we're working on. Thanks for your interest!
                      Sally - artgirl68@...
                      kmar <kmar@...> wrote: Hi all- I would love to come to the class, but the next few fridays are
                      booked. After That?
                      Kathleen Baggarley
                      > Just want to remind you that Sally Timlin is teaching another 8-week
                      > session of her great Book Art Creations class at Adult Ed this
                      > quarter, Fridays from 9 am-noon in room 20 at Schott Center. The
                      > first class was last Friday and we need a couple more people to
                      > guarantee that the class will continue. We can promise you that it
                      > will be fun and productive! Come and check it out this week!
                      >
                      > Also, those of you who are traveling in the next few months might
                      > want to check out some of the following:
                      >
                      > The Best of the Best: Traveling Exhibition of the Guild of Book
                      > Workers, on display at the San Diego State University Library
                      > through April 23 and at the San Francisco Public Library from May 7 -
                      > June 27.
                      >
                      > The Pacific Center for Book Arts "Book Arts and Printers Fair" will
                      > be held Saturday, April 27, from 9-4 at Fort Mason in San Francisco.
                      >
                      > A Typographic Discourse: Women and the Book Arts in California,
                      > 1930-2000, will display works from the Donohue Rare Book Room at USF,
                      > Gleeson Library/Geschke Center (M-F only), May 2-June 21.
                      >
                      > The San Francisco Center for the Book has moved into larger quarters
                      > at the big blue building at 300 De Haro St. and has an exhibit
                      > "Celebrating Artists as Teachers" through May 31. From June 7-20,
                      > The Artist's Book: Unlimited Engagement is an exhibit culminating a
                      > yearlong class studying the evolution of artist's books. There are
                      > usually weekend classes going on and I've found instructors and
                      > students are happy to have visitors take a look at what they are
                      > creating, especially if you drop in during their lunch break.
                      >
                      > Hope to see lots of you next Saturday afternoon at the book arts
                      > connection workshop at 1 pm at Virginia Gardner's home!
                      >
                      > Pam Maines
                      > --

                      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    • sally timlin
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 17, 2002
                        Thanks, Susan. Class got registered alright but please feel free to stop in whenever you're feeling the need for a good, creative kick in the seat of the pants! We are quite an inspiring group of book artists! ;o)
                        Sally Timlin
                        Susan McCarthy <smccarthy@...> wrote: I have to work and will not be able to attend most classes, but if it is a