SBCC Printmaking Courses Offered this Fall Semester

  • Lisa Moore
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2003
      Hi Everyone,

      I'm forwarding the text from Pamela Zwehl-Burke's announcement for courses this Fall. I will be posting the original flyer, including some of Pamela's etchings, in MSWord .doc format, in the Files area of the BAC at our Yahoo!Group's homepage. I will send a notice when it has been uploaded. Please print it out to share, if you know of anyone who may be interested. With Many Thanks in Advance! Lisa

      PRINTMAKING

      Two classes, one in Intaglio and Relief, one in Silkscreen, will be offered this Fall semester (September 2-December 19). These college-level classes, taught by experienced, working artists with international reputations in the field, are gateways to traditional and contemporary printmaking, a survey of the history of etching, woodcut, lithography and serigraphy, and studio practices in conventional and contemporary printmaking,

      On Tuesdays, 11:00am-4:00pm, Pamela Zwehl-Burke teaches Beginning and Intermediate Etching and Woodcut (with an introduction to Serigraphy, Lithography, Mixed-media); on Thursdays, 5:00-10:00pm, Bill Durham teaches Beginning and Intermediate Silkscreen.

      SBCC�s facilities include two presses, acid bath, inside-outside laboratory, supervised lab sessions; many of the material (ink, solvents, etching agents, printing frames, etc), are supplied.

      For artists interested in the BookArts seeking to create multiples, printmaking is an obvious technical tool (Zwehl-Burke has produced and shown over 30 unique, small, and intermediate edition artists� books over 25 years, and initiated the Artists� Books class at SBCC)

      For artists interested in exploring the context of intaglio, relief, planographic and mixed-media printmaking, Art 190 will be taught with an expanded library of images (part of Zwehl-Burke�s sabbatical project).

      ENROLL NOW!

      Classes begin September 2 (Art 190/91/92) and September 4 (Art 193/194)

      at Santa Barbara City College