Yahoo changes:

  • Patrice Baldwin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 1:06 PM
      Y'all:

      As moderator of this here board, I got a little piece of information
      from Yahoo this morning:

      - Message Attachments: Yahoo! Groups will continue to deliver all
      attachments sent via email, however, the attachments will no longer be
      archived within the Messages area. You may continue to upload files
      and images to the Files and Photos areas of your groups. Please
      re-upload any attachments you would like to preserve to the Photos or
      Files areas of your group. On Aug. 7, all attachments in the Messages
      area will be removed, and Yahoo! will be unable to retrieve such data.

      - Add Members: The "Add Members" feature will now allow you to add 10
      new members per day (e.g., the ability to directly add your friends
      and family to your group). You may still use the "Invite Members"
      feature to invite others to join your group. [They must have bought
      two more squirrels for the cage as their summer expansion move]

      - Files and Photos: Groups web membership will be required to access a
      group's Files and Photos areas. [Haven't they always?]

      Thank you for your support as we make these changes that will allow us
      to continue offering a compelling, high quality, free service. [ Well,
      it's compelling at times, all right, but "high quality???" ]