Saturday July 19th BAC meeting!!!!

  • Patrice Baldwin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2003
      Y'all:

      I'm reposting this to let all of you know that it will be a great
      meeting with Janet Takahashi showing us some terrific stuff. Let's get
      together and make it a really BIG attendance, huh?
      ____________________________Patrice

      The next Book Arts Connection meeting will be on Saturday, July 19th,
      starting precisely at 1:00 pm. Don't be late or you'll miss some good
      stuff. It will be held at Virginia Gardner's home, and Janet Takahashi
      will be our guest. Janet will show us how to make a "Bay Window Card"
      that she has developed. It's a folded card, upon opening would make
      ideal invitations, hold a specific message, highlight artwork or a
      photograph.

      Along with this card, Janet will show us a nifty technique of simple
      foil embossing that creates images that can be used on the cover of a
      card or book. She'll have many samples to show us as well as some of
      her own work.

      TO BRING: The usual desktop bookbinding tools, cutting mat, glue and
      brush, pencil, ballpoint pen, tracing paper, card stock, decorative
      papers, masking tape, glue stick and about a yard of 1/4" ribbon to
      tie up our wonderful projects.

      It sounds as if we're going to have some really terrific ideas
      shooting around our heads! Here are the directions to Virginia's:

      Exit #101 on Mission and go East, toward the Mts. for about 8 blocks.
      Turn LEFT on Garden St. Her house is the 2nd one, #2014. There's a
      famous metal dog out in front to greet us.

      I hope you all will be able to come. Bring stuff to show-and-tell -
      whatever you're working on lately, news of exhibitions, internet finds
      or whatever you want to share. I'm hoping I'll be able to announce the
      inaguration of our website then, too!