BAC meeting Saturday...

  • Patrice Baldwin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2003
      Y'all:

      I hope lots of people will be able to attend the Saturday meeting at
      the Crane School. It'll be a rare chance to get into my "Incorporating
      Text" workshop and be able to make suggestions - for free. It's a kind
      of trial voyage and I need as many as can attend to take it.

      Here are the directions again - see ya Saturday at 1:00!

      From the 101 take the Sheffield Drive exit in Montecito. It's right after
      Summerland if you're going north and right before Summerland if you're
      going
      south.

      Turn right onto Sheffield Drive, follow the road around the bend,
      cross the
      creek bridge and take the first left which is San Leandro Lane. Go up the
      hill and down - on your left you will see the school's parking lot. Park
      and walk through the breezeway in the white building. Cross the quad and
      veer to your left. Around the corner to the left you will see the art
      room.
    • Barbara Bartolome
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19, 2003
        Hello Patrice and to all in the Book Arts Group,

        I'm a new member and thought I'd give you all some background info on
        myself. I was referred to the group by my friends Kathleen Baggarley
        and Gretchen Beckert. I recently attended some of the Adult Ed Book
        Arts classes at Wake Center with Kathleen.

        I'm a photographer and have done freelance for many years, now mainly
        doing event photography. Originally from Oregon, I moved to Santa
        Barbara in 1983 and love living downtown, near Santa Barbara High, as we
        have our 4th child currently attending there and our youngest child at
        Roosevelt School. I "retired" from the University's Gevirtz Graduate
        School of Education in April, where I worked to support Outreach. My
        husband, Victor, has 22 years with UCSB and will probably stay there
        until they make him leave!

        I'm in the process of opening a new store in downtown Santa Barbara that
        might be of interest to many of you. The store will be called 'Santa
        Barbara Scrapbooks' and will carry scrapbooking and paper arts supplies.
        I'll have a classroom that can accommodate 12-16 students, and I want to
        offer evening, day, and weekend classes in a wide variety of "dry" paper
        arts, such as calligraphy, collage, card making, altered books, drawing,
        pop-ups, artist's books, etc. Actually, any class that wouldn't be
        "wet", such as paper marbelling or painting, would be wonderful!

        My location is 918 Chapala Street, former home to The Pet House, near
        the corner of Carrillo and Chapala, and it's a 1750 sq. ft. space. I'm
        surrounded by the City's Lot 2 Parking Structure, and only half a block
        up from Nordstrom's on Chapala. I've remodeled the space to include a
        new handicapped accessible bathroom and I'm working to make the
        classroom space functional and comfortable. You're invited to use the
        space to work on your projects, as long as a class is not scheduled, and
        you can meet friends at the store to use the classroom together.

        My soft opening is planned for July 14th, with my grand opening
        scheduled for September 13th and 14th, 2003. My hours will be 10am-6pm
        Mon-Sat, and 12pm-5pm Sun, but will be open for classes outside of those
        hours, as well as during those hours.

        I'll be carrying a great selection of Bazzill cardstock, adhesives,
        templates, scissors, die cuts, stickers, specialty papers, etc. I have
        catalogs from many manufacturers and am open to suggestions from the
        book arts/paper arts/scrapbooking communities on what they'd like to see
        me carry in the store. I can also do special orders with the companies,
        if we can meet their minimum order requirements.

        I'm hoping to start offering classes in September and I'm looking for
        people who would like to teach their passion of collage, calligraphy,
        altered books, etc. I'm really flexible with the class schedule, and we
        can try anything at this point, so please contact me if you, or someone
        you know, might be interested. It can be a one time event, a weekly
        class for a set period of time, a monthly class, or whatever fits your
        needs and schedule. Let's talk about it!

        Stop by soon to check out the store and say hello! I'll look forward to
        meeting you! I will be attending this Saturday's BAC meeting at Crane
        School, so please feel free to come over and tell me if you're
        interested in the store. It's a big, new adventure for me and I'm
        hoping people will be excited about it!

        Best,

        Barbara

        Barbara Bartolomé, Owner
        Santa Barbara Scrapbooks
        918 Chapala Street
        Santa Barbara, CA 93101
        805-962-5099
        FAX 805-962-1109
        Cell 805-451-8646
        mailto:Barbara@...

        I hope lots of people will be able to attend the Saturday meeting at
        the Crane School. It'll be a rare chance to get into my "Incorporating
        Text" workshop and be able to make suggestions - for free. It's a kind
        of trial voyage and I need as many as can attend to take it.

        Here are the directions again - see ya Saturday at 1:00!

        >From the 101 take the Sheffield Drive exit in Montecito. It's right
        after
        Summerland if you're going north and right before Summerland if you're
        going
        south.

        Turn right onto Sheffield Drive, follow the road around the bend,
        cross the
        creek bridge and take the first left which is San Leandro Lane. Go up
        the
        hill and down - on your left you will see the school's parking lot. Park
        and walk through the breezeway in the white building. Cross the quad and
        veer to your left. Around the corner to the left you will see the art
        room.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3456232.4744922.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1706
        389862:HM/A=1482387/R=0/SIG=16n1rgsbl/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xL
        mRhd=1056011484%3eM=247865.3456232.4744922.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1706389
        862:HM/A=1482387/R=1=1056011484%3eM=247865.3456232.4744922.1261774/D=egr
        oupweb/S=1706389862:HM/A=1482387/R=2>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=247865.3456232.4744922.1261774/D=egrou
        pmail/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=242070037>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Patrice Baldwin
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 20, 2003
          Welcome, Barbara. Your new store sounds fabulous. We'll meet you in
          person on Saturday!

          Patrice

          --- In bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara Bartolome"