Mapping the Inner Journey

  • KL
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2003
      Just back from a very successful journey to Santa Fe, NM where
      Gail Rieke and myself just held our workshop, Mapping the Inner
      Journey. This is a process oriented workshop utilizing
      artist''s materials. The metaphor of the map is our focal point
      for series of maps we create; the inner work. We also construct
      an envelope book which is the container for the maps we create .

      This workshop far exceeded our expectations and those of the
      participants. We were very lucky to have a wonderful group of
      women, all creators/artists.

      We are planning on offering this workshop in Santa Barbara
      early in 2004. If you think you may be interested please let me
      know so you can get on the mailing list and receive further
      information. Also if you know anyone else who could be
      interested, who is not on this list, pass that info on as well.

      We will be looking for a location which will satisify our
      requirements--like lots of good workspace where we can spread
      out. All ideas welcome.

      Karen Lehrer
      564-8696
      ambianz@...
    • Donna Barna
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 16, 2003
        Hi, Karen,
        I am interested in your workshop from two vantage points: 1) taking it and 2) as workshop coordinator for the Carnegie Art Museum in Oxnard. Please give me a call to discuss the possibility of the Carnegie being the sponser of your workshop.
        Many thanks,
        Donna Barna
        donnabarna@...
        (805) 385-8254

        KL <ambianz@...> wrote:
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Karen Lehrer
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31, 2004
          Gail Rieke and Karen Lehrer will be offering a workshop, Mapping the Inner Journey,

          Sat. & Sun. June 19 & 20, in Oxnard, at the Carnagie Art Museum.

          Contact Donna Barna for further information 805 385-8254 or 805 395-8757.

          You may have seen the article about Gail in the recent issue of Sommerset Magazine.

          Mapping the Inner Journey is for adventurers who wish to use artistic explorations to make their inner processes visible. Using the map as a point of reference, participants will engage in a variety of artistic exercises, which are designed to provide insight on a deep level. This workshop will be rewarding for those with no previous artistic experience as well as mature artists. This workshop will include art making and process work.

        • Karen Lehrer
          Message 4 of 4 , May 21 8:54 AM
            There are some spaces available in the upcoming two day workshop:
            Mapping the Inner Journey,
            presented by Karen Lehrer, MFT, and Gail Rieke, MFA
            at the Carnegie Art Museum in Oxnard,
            Saturday and Sunday June 19 and 20, 2004.
            Fee: $175.
            In this workshop we will learn to map and record elements from both our inner and outer lives. We will journey to familiar and new terrain. Using artistic media will create a variety of maps documenting our personal journey. This workshop will include art making and process work in a safe non threatening atmosphere. It will be both fun and insightful.
            No previous artistic experience is required.

            Please contact Donna Barna, workshop coordinator for more information:
            805 385-8254